• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What conditions would you want for your team?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Saw some discussion about this in a few threads today.

What would be the best conditions for each side? The India fans seem to be excited about the prospect of seaming tracks, as it turns their 'bowlers' into a relative threat.

Personally, I just hope the ball swings. We're playing at Trent Bridge and it certainly will there (look out for Jimmy taking 12-46), the rest of the time it will depend on everything else.

Obviously India do have players that can exploit swing, but Anderson is better than anyone in English conditions. And I mean ANYONE.

ANYONE

Oh and Chris Tremlett's gonna get ya. So let's put on some bounce and we'll have a dance shall we?!

centurymaker

International Captain
Saw some discussion about this in a few threads today.

What would be the best conditions for each side? The India fans seem to be excited about the prospect of seaming tracks, as it turns their 'bowlers' into a relative threat.

Personally, I just hope the ball swings. We're playing at Trent Bridge and it certainly will there (look out for Jimmy taking 12-46), the rest of the time it will depend on everything else.

Obviously India do have players that can exploit swing, but Anderson is better than anyone in English conditions. And I mean ANYONE.

ANYONE

Oh and Chris Tremlett's gonna get ya. So let's put on some bounce and we'll have a dance shall we?!
More than swing, england need pace and bounce to really trouble india.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think that's a fair comment. With the swing, I'm playing to Jimmy's strengths.

Now that we have Tremmers and he's a ***ual beast of a bowler, we also have the strength to exploit your weaknesses.

Even though I've tipped Jimmy in here, I might have a rare flutter on Tremmers series output. WAFG he is.

5-0 England.

centurymaker

International Captain
I think that's a fair comment. With the swing, I'm playing to Jimmy's strengths.

Now that we have Tremmers and he's a ***ual beast of a bowler, we also have the strength to exploit your weaknesses.

Even though I've tipped Jimmy in here, I might have a rare flutter on Tremmers series output. WAFG he is.

5-0 England.
If India are to negate the impact that he might have on the series, Sehwag will have to go out there and look to destory him to dent his confidence (he's sort of a confidence player from what I have seen- a bit soft too :P) but the probablity of that happening is incredibly low.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah in seriousness, Sehwag is the guy we need to stop, obviously. That ridiculous chase wouldn't have happened without him in 08.

If we keep him down to a reasonable average (i.e. around 40) I'd be pretty happy tbh.

centurymaker

International Captain
Nah in seriousness, Sehwag is the guy we need to stop, obviously. That ridiculous chase wouldn't have happened without him in 08.

If we keep him down to a reasonable average (i.e. around 40) I'd be pretty happy tbh.
I just remembered that he's still injured. There's a possibility that he might miss the first 2 tests.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
We beat South Africa on the 2 most seaming/swinging tracks on the last 2 tours there and beat Australia in Perth to break their record run on the track where extra pace was to destroy us.

I think more swing would help the Indian bowlers combined more than the English ones.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'd want swinging conditions. Even if Jimmy were better than Zaheer at those (which he is not), I'd back Indian batsmen over English batsmen.

What India don't want is a lot of very bouncy wickets. Obviously the worst would be flat wickets as I want an exciting series and not a 1-0 with a bunch of draws but outside of that, I would be ok with either swing or spin. I would be fine actually with an old style Perth pitch too personally as someone who loves fast bowling but the Indian players would find that the most difficult to navigate especially if both tremlett and Finn also play.

centurymaker

International Captain
I'd want swinging conditions. Even if Jimmy were better than Zaheer at those (which he is not), I'd back Indian batsmen over English batsmen.

What India don't want is a lot of very bouncy wickets. Obviously the worst would be flat wickets as I want an exciting series and not a 1-0 with a bunch of draws but outside of that, I would be ok with either swing or spin. I would be fine actually with an old style Perth pitch too personally as someone who loves fast bowling but the Indian players would find that the most difficult to navigate especially if both tremlett and Finn also play.
Spot on.

TumTum

Banned
Ishant and Harbhajan might enjoy some bounce as well as Tremlett and Broad from England. English batsman are better equipped to deal with bounce though.

centurymaker

International Captain
Ishant and Harbhajan might enjoy some bounce as well as Tremlett and Broad from England. English batsman are better equipped to deal with bounce though.
All subcontinental batsmen have at least a bit of trouble playing on bouncy wickets.
Common- "They'll try to drive/cut but the ball will bounce more & beat the egde"