• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What conditions would you want for your team?

jeevan

International 12th Man
Kumble was pretty much a tailender at that time ,and Agarkar wasn't much better than say a Praveen Kumar.

Except for Broad who may not play even,England's tail is not much better than India specially if you take into account Harbhajan being likely to play.

Zaheer played 2 crucial crucial supporting knocks in SA in tougher conditions than they are likely to have in England with Laxman, Ishant played that crucial role with Laxman again in that Mohali test and has played some little knocks before too.
Harbhajan has 2 test centuries again batting mostly with Laxman:laugh: and Praveen is a pretty decent bat for a tailender.
Mishra if he plays can pretty much hold his own too as he showed in the recent test against West Indies on a low scoring surface. Only really Sreesanth has done nothing.
His best batting performance in tests probably came in England 4 years ago. I.e. the 75 odd run stand for the last wicket, which enabled Kumble to score his only ton and took India from 590 to 660-odd.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd like 5 minutes to go, a few wickets left to get and Michael Clarke bowling to the tail in Sydney :ph34r:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
TBH, as much as we've been turning the tables on the opposition on seaming tracks over the past few years, the best possible pitch for the Indian team is still a square turner. Its a pity we never get those nowadays. I wonder why.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I'd want nice and sunny conditions but I really want Jimmy Anderson to come out of his house to play the game too.