• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What have you learned on the forum?

hang on

State Vice-Captain
Not about international brotherhood and the debating skills of people from all over and the idiocy of stereotypes BUT about cricket and cricketers.

Happy chatting and chuntering!

hang on

State Vice-Captain
apart from posting new threads on the right portion of the site, it should also be added.

MODs, could you please shift this thread to the general chat forum. Thanks.

Himannv

International Coach
Being involved in drafts has given me some insight into players who played in the past. Learnt about plenty of players whom I have never even heard of.

Spark

Global Moderator
Being involved in drafts has given me some insight into players who played in the past. Learnt about plenty of players whom I have never even heard of.
Yeah this. Basically knew nothing about cricket history pre-1995 other than the really obvious stuff before I joined.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I never realised that fans placed so much difference between Tests and ODIs, like some people treat them as different sports.

Obviously I always felt we should select different sides etc, but I was genuinely shocked by some of the things I read early doors here.

Have learned a lot about the game too. Cricket was always just something I watched on my own at the point I signed up for this place so I got a lot more insight than I had had previously.

As previously documented, I also learned there was a site I could get ball-by-ball commentary of all England matches, as well as pretty much any stat ever, called cricinfo, via Cricket Web's forum. True story.

hang on

State Vice-Captain
thanks for the responses so far. even an an old fart like me, who thought he knew it all, has learned quite a bit about different players, and more importantly, the different ways of evaluating players, their performances, their peers etc. have learned quite a bit about some of the great pakistani players. the details and the nuances of their records, that is.
the inner workings of oz cricket as discussed on the contracts thread etc. has also been rather enlightening.

as you young 'uns say, "it's been real!" hope it stays that way.

more responses from u lot, please!

salman85

International Debutant
I have learned that there are quite a lot of NZ supporters out there.I always felt the number was pretty low.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've learnt that if you want to avoid a lot of grief its a good idea not to employ the words Bradman and Tendulkar in the same post

R_D

International Debutant
I don;t post in hère that often..

I've come to appreciate test matches much more after joining this forum.. I was typical Indian fan who used to enjoy their ODI cricket more than Test matches but it has changed for me over the past few years.

Also have learned a lot about past players from some of the old guys in here and also come to appreciate some of the up and coming youngsters from around the world.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So wat were u looking for in CW? :O
I followed cricket a little bit; just casually though. I was a big rugby league fan and had experienced rugby league forums, so I thought joining a cricket forum seemed like a logical way to learn more about the game. I joined up because I wanted to follow the game more closely and learn more about it from other fans, and it worked.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bun, go to search and advanced search

Look for 'Throwing Stuff' as the words and search by title and Prince EWS as the poster

Report back with your findings by 7pm BST