• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sarwan

Xuhaib

International Coach
Why he never kicked on?

Always had the talent plays both spin and pace well but his career has been a massive disappointment for me:(

shivfan

Banned
Yeah, when he was in his 20s, he was a really good player, but now that he's turned 30, he looks so out of touch, especially in this season of Test cricket....

But he's a class player, in a team devoid of class, so I think it will just be a matter of time before he returns to the player we once knew. Remember, his Test average isn't that bad, 40-41, or something like that. Not great, but okayish, similar to where Gayle's Test average is now....

But the best thing the WI selectors could do right now is drop him from the side, and let him play for Guyana next season in the domestic four-day competition, and work his way back into form.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'd say a big thing is that he doesn't play the ball straight enough, for mine. Defends with an angled blade towards cover, and rarely scores between mid-off and mid-on from the quicks.

Himannv

International Coach
I feel he's spent a fair amount of time away from the pitch and is still trying to get a permanent foothold to inch his way back into the team. I blame the board/selectors for restricting his development tbh.