• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Champions League Query

Himannv

International Coach
Have to admit, I'm not too big on this Champions League idea. Trying to copy football too much.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Have to admit, I'm not too big on this Champions League idea. Trying to copy football too much.
I'm surprised that during an exciting 2020 bowl off a batsmen isn't allowed to try and pad the ball away from the stumps tbh

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I actually like the CL. Get to see new faces and stuff. Ideally the IPL would be shorter and of a smaller scale with fewer international players like the BBL and possibly SLPL. Then there wouldn't be so much T20 overload and the Champions league would actually be fun to watch.

I hate that there are no Pakistani players in either, there are some really good T20 bowlers in Pakistan

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
Good point. In fact, they should remove the middle stump and make just the one long bail that fits across
Good ploy. Also the bowler instead of bowling it should simply kick the ball from the crease towards the stumps. We're getting ahead of ourselves here aren't we? :laugh:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Good ploy. Also the bowler instead of bowling it should simply kick the ball from the crease towards the stumps. We're getting ahead of ourselves here aren't we? :laugh:
Haven't gone far enough if you ask me. The umpires should blow a whistle instead of signalling too

Himannv

International Coach
Haven't gone far enough if you ask me. The umpires should blow a whistle instead of signalling too
Should have yellow cards and red cards dealt out for all the sledging. Wait, that might not be a bad idea actually. Bhaji to be the first one sent off. :laugh:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Should have yellow cards and red cards dealt out for all the sledging. Wait, that might not be a bad idea actually. Bhaji to be the first one sent off. :laugh:
Agreed. Some of his teammates might get selective hearing though - Too far, too far?

I think bowlers should be renamed strikers and what's this rubbish red ball that's always getting used

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can we get both sides to have 11 on field at once instead of this 11 on 2 nonsense? Always felt it was unfair tbh

brockley

International Captain
Question will champions trophy be shown on channel 10 (one) or did channel 10 fail in their court case with the bcci.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Question will champions trophy be shown on channel 10 (one) or did channel 10 fail in their court case with the bcci.
It would be bizarre that a tournament partly owned and run by Cricket Australia was not shown on television in Australia.

Howe_zat

Audio File
While we're making all these changes, can we please fix the pitches? Sick of these parched, threadbare things with barely a speck of greenery. Should be the same turf as the outfield. Although I guess you could outline the square in whitewash, if you like.