• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Furore in Faisalabad

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
A very good read - thanks for putting it together. LOL at Javed's suggestion that he went out of his way to hold up the match for any reason other than to protect his side's 1-0 lead in the series. :laugh:

Not that the TCCB came out of the affair with any credit whatsoever.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Great Article and very informative . Writing on such controversial issues is not easy, kudos for being fair to both sides of the story.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I do think there was biased home umpiring but I also feel that the visiting teams along with their press did over play the biased aspect to hide their own shortcomings. My father still goes how we were robbed of a series win in WI in 88 with the same happening in NZl in 85 and also in England during the 82 tour.Neutral umpires have atleast eliminated this type of whinging from the modern game.