• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Umpiring Errors

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hoping for India to cop shockers each wherever possible. Multiple dismissals on 99, hattrick wickets not given, etc. Bring it on.

Still going for India, mind you. Just hope they cop it re: umpiring.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don't want any neutrals cheering for India - ruins my day. It's how I know India has 'arrived' on the stage. India may never be as good as Australia were during their reign, but if they are as hated, I'll definitely take it. In most things, people hate the #1/most powerful thing anyway...from the Yankees to the lone superpower - only when you have more than one choice is when people pick a side. Even better are all the justifications for hating, which are lolerific and pretty awesome.

People's tears and jealousy...they sustain me:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Damn. I am quite harsh on mediocre pace bowlers but I could never come up with a criticism for someone of that calibre.

smash84

The Tiger King
I think it's unreasonable to expect umpires to get every single decision right. I'd take five wrong decisions over the entire test series TBH. Any idea about who we're getting? If it's Aleem Dar and Simon Taufel, we'll be fine.
Really looking forward to this series.

I also hope it is Aleem Dar and Taufel for this series. Will be a gun series with top teams and top umpires.

I for one, as a neutral, hope that this thread reaches a 100 pages by the series completion
:laugh:

you would be hoping that they get Billy Bowden, Bill Doctrove, and Asoka De Silva for this series

Hoping for India to cop shockers each wherever possible. Multiple dismissals on 99, hattrick wickets not given, etc. Bring it on.

Still going for India, mind you. Just hope they cop it re: umpiring.
haha......

serioiusly both of these teams have some seriously obnoxious characters (Lady Broad, Bhajji, Sreesanth etc). I don't know who to support. OTOH there are likeable characters like Swanneh, Tendy, Dravid (is he there??), Laxman, Jimmy etc. Still don't know who to suppport. Will be a proper neutral I guess.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No. Really hoping it's England 4-0 with 127 bad umpiring errors going against India.

Will be magnificent.

It will be very, very odd posting "Come on Jimmeh!" and "At 'em Belly!" though.