• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Combined XI

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
how times have changed.

2-3 years ago, no one used to give a toss if a ball was clipping/hitting off/leg stump and batsman was rightly given not out. plus who knows how accurate technology is.
the ones they show clipping might actually be missing the stumps. who knows

an umpire shouldn't take chances when there's enough doubt because a batsman only has 1 chance! back in teh days LBW almost didn't exist. you were only given when the ball was hitting middle.

giving a batsman out incorrectly is far worse than not giving him out. unless a clear LBW decision goes in the batsman's favour, i don't usually complain unlike so many other people out here.
Spot the batsman.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Cook
Gambhir
Trott
Pietersen
Laxman
Bell
Prior
Harbhajan
Tremlett
Anderson
Zaheer

I'd have Sehwag, Tendulkar and Swann ahead of Gambhir, Pietersen and Harbhajan, but I'm going for who I think will have the better series and it'll be interesting to see how right I am in a couple of months.
Far too many Indians in the lineup (also didn't include the one Indian who was heroic), but got Pietersen over Tendulkar correct, about the only really "controversial" call that I got right.