• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anderson Vs Khan

Who will have better series?

• Total voters

akilana

International 12th Man
Khan.. He's easily the better of the two bowlers and would be bowling to some decent batsmen. Anderson would be bowling to some of the finest batsmen of the last two decades.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who is going to do better in the upcoming series?
Nice try to force the mods to start a sub-forum :p

I'd go with Anderson, hes on top of his game at this very moment and playing at home, while Zaheer will be coming off from a longish break from test cricket so he might take time to settle. Still expect him to be our best boweler though

Bun

Banned
Who is going to do better in the upcoming series?
Khan..

Have had to slug it out on totally unresponsive pitches and have shown his class. Anderson is unplayable in conditions that aid him but becomes a harmless *****cat when the sun's shining and the pitch is flat.

Plus, Zak's ability with the older ball.

Last edited:

TumTum

Banned
Anderson is unplayable in conditions that aid him but becomes a harmless *****cat when the sun's shining and the pitch is flat.
Maybe if you were living under a rock 6 months ago (which wouldn't surprise me).

Anderson for me because I think Zaheer has more of a chance to go for more runs when he takes a big bag of wickets. Both should do similarly in the wickets column alone though.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
The guy with the rat tail because he has to bowl in the SC a lot - This means he knows how to toil for wickets and with helpful conditions in England he should utterly destroy. The bloke who regularly bowls in helpful conditions at home is actually a soft **** because he hasn't been toughened up from playing all his matches in a bowlers grave yard and will fake injuries to avoid bowling to the mighty Indian batting line up

Last edited:

vcs

Hard to look past Anderson given current form, hopefully it will have tailed off a bit by the time India arrive.

Bun

Banned
Maybe if you were living under a rock 6 months ago (which wouldn't surprise me).

Anderson for me because I think Zaheer has more of a chance to go for more runs when he takes a big bag of wickets. Both should do similarly in the wickets column alone though.
Will let my eminent fellow poster Burgey to answer you:

Was the wettest summer for a decade , Uppercut..

I know it's hard to comprehend when you live in a place where it never stops raining, but you can have humidity when the sun is out. Just saying.
As for the insult in the first para, I hope Flem will take care of that.

Flem274*

123/5
This thread is being closely watched. No more snark, no more baiting. It isn't difficult to compare two world class bowlers without resorting to some of the rubbish I've just read.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Surely you have to give the advantage to Anderson when considering the preparation coming into the series

Played far more longer cricket lately and he is at home. Zaheer has played in the IPL and been rested since.

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
The tour of England is going to be a massive challenge for Khan. His last game of first class cricket was the match against South Africa in Cape Town in January. That match was over six months ago, and it is a tall ask to expect him to lead a Test attack and be expected to bowl greater than 10 overs a day.

No idea if Anderson or Khan will have the better series. Without doubt the hopes of India winning in England rest with Khan.

vcs

Surely you have to give the advantage to Anderson when considering the preparation coming into the series

Played far more longer cricket lately and he is at home. Zaheer has played in the IPL and been rested since.
Agree about the preparation and conditions, but fortunately for us Zaheer has often come in cold from rest/injury and performed straightaway, if the last year or two is any indication.

Bun

Banned
This thread is being closely watched. No more snark, no more baiting. It isn't difficult to compare two world class bowlers without resorting to some of the rubbish I've just read.
It would be nice if you can be bit more specific... 8-)

indiaholic

International Captain
On current form Anderson. But I agree with Teja, tremlett will prove more difficult for the Indian Batsmen to handle. Btw would love to see a War of Attrition between Tendulkar and Anderson.

vcs

IMO Tremlett could really trouble India in the first Test, when they are not accustomed to his trajectory and the bounce, but the batsmen will get better at handling him as the series progresses (a bit like Morkel in SA recently). Anderson like Steyn will probably pose a consistent threat.