• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England V India - Predictions

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Score: 3-1 England
Most runs: Pietersen overall, Laxman for the visitors
Most wickets: Jimmeh, Harbhajan
Most catches: Prior
Biggest innings: Ali Cook to hit a double ton at Lord's
Best bowling: Harbhajan to take a 7-for while the rest of the attack offers up hitting practice
MOTS (Eng) Jimmeh
MOTS (Ind) Harbhajan to be a one man band with the ball and to contribute with a couple of annoying batting performances
Axed: Whatever hack India pick at 6 will be dropped after being made to look rather foolish by Tremlett. Broad will get axed after going wicketless in the first Test.
Surprise pick: Yuvraj to make a comeback
Random prediction: Sachin Tendulkar will still be searching for his 100th ton at the end of the series

And just for fun, the CW version:

Country with the most infracted poster: Australia
Pretty good effort from our (former:down:) resident Sweaty Sock - I propose that in light of these decent quality predictions, and in the general spirit of bonhomie following on from the series, that his ban be commuted to a single night out on the piss in Liverpool with GIMH and Bun for company - surely that would be punishment enough?

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Score: 3-0 to England Didn't realise we could even beat the rain
Most runs: Cooky :wub: Well everyone got so many
Most wickets: Jimmy and Swanny to tie, after Jimmy drops a catch off Swann to deny him the last wicket of the series. Jimmy was pretty good
Most catches: Prior Think this must be right
Biggest innings: Cook, 334 at Lords Got the wrong place, not too many over
Best bowling: Broad, 7-12 at Lords Knew Broad would come good
MOTS (Eng): Trott Injured
MOTS (Ind): Jono Okay, I copied GIMH, but not too far off
Axed: Harbhajan, Dravid. Oops
Surprise pick: Partiv Patel Couldn't have done much worse than those that played
Random prediction: At least one mod will have a nervous breakdown :p Dangerously close, this one. ;)
Reckon I wasn't too bad there. Apart from the Dravid bit, oops. :ph34r:

Last edited:

weeman27bob

International Regular
Score: 2-0 to England
Most runs: Ian Bell
Most wickets: Stuart Broad to have the series of his life.
Most catches: Sehwag
Biggest innings: Sehwag, 230 at the Oval
Best bowling: 7-35 in an inspired spell from Broad
MOTS (Eng): Broad
MOTS (Ind): Tendulkar
Axed: Strauss
Surprise pick: Mooen Ali
Random prediction: Series to have less exciting cricket than this one.
Not that far off with Bell as highest run scorer.
Absolutely nailed question two.
Well...uhhh...
Well...uhhhh...
Pretty close.
Nailed it.
Nope.
Nope.
He was in pretty good form...
Well that's probably not true either.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
FTR - Catches:

16 - Prior
13 - Dhoni
5 - Cook, Strauss
4 - Dravid, Raina, Anderson, Swann
3 - Laxman, Bell, Morgan, Pietersen
2 - Sehwag, Tendulkar, Broad
1 - Tremlett, Yuvraj, Bopara, Gambhir, Mukund, Trott

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
When I posted the criteria, I actually meant to put 'excluding keepers' so anyone who picked Strauss or Cook can give themselves a pat on the back.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Score: 3-1 England - Needlessly pessimistic with this one
Most runs: Pietersen overall, Laxman for the visitors - first one spot on, Laxman looked a reasonably good shout before he forgot how to bat
Most wickets: Jimmeh, Harbhajan - close, awful
Most catches: Prior -Spot on
Biggest innings: Ali Cook to hit a double ton at Lord's - Got Ali Cook as the highest innings correct, also correctly predicted a double ton at Lord's, pretty good prediction I'd say
Best bowling: Harbhajan to take a 7-for while the rest of the attack offers up hitting practice - At least I got the "rest of the attack offering up hitting practice" bit spot on
MOTS (Eng) Jimmeh - wouldn't have been a million miles away
MOTS (Ind) Harbhajan to be a one man band with the ball and to contribute with a couple of annoying batting performances - only the presence of the phrase "one man band" stops this prediction being a total fail
Axed: Whatever hack India pick at 6 will be dropped after being made to look rather foolish by Tremlett. Could still happen, would be shocked if Raina plays Test cricket for a while. Broad will get axed after going wicketless in the first Test. Pretty suprised this escaped nomination for a Greigy, one of the worst predictions ever
Surprise pick: Yuvraj to make a comeback Spot on
Random prediction: Sachin Tendulkar will still be searching for his 100th ton at the end of the series Spot on
A mixed bag of the sublime and the ridiculous.

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Score : 2-1 England
Most runs : Cook
Most wickets : Tremlett
Most catches : Prior
Biggest Innings : Cook
Best bowling : Sharma
MOTS : Eng Cook
MOTS : India Sharma
Axed : Broad, Dravid, Tendulkar, Mishra, PK, Patel, Sreesanth.
Surprise pick : England apply the mercy rule and bring back Darren Pattinson and Monty.
Wrong - can't believe i thought India would win a test :laugh:
Wrong
Wrong
Right (but wrong)
Right *bing*
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Wrong
Wrong
:laugh::laugh::laugh: again
Basically listed all the cuns that saved their careers.
Monty was pretty close to coming back, so i'll take half marks.