• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England vs India - Avatar Bets

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Right, as the series is about a month away, I'm going to offer up an avatar bet.

My bet is over the entire series, and is points based. Winner is the person who at the end of the series has scored the most points. Points are awarded as follows:

2 points per test win
1 point for whichever country has the most centurions over the course of the series
1 point for whichever country has the highest wicket taker over the course of the series
1 point for series win
.5 for Highest scorer each match
.5 highest wicket taker each match

Now for the fun part: the duration stipulation.

Initially, the winner will own the loser's avatar until February 22nd 2011, which represents 6 months after the end of the series. At this point, the ICC Test rankings will determine whether or not the loser gets their avatar back. Let's say Teja, for argument's sake, takes the bet and loses. Teja does not get his avatar back until India are ahead of England in the ICC Test rankings after February 22nd. If I lose the bet, I do not get my avatar back until England are ahead of India in the ICC Test rankings after February 22nd. So if Teja loses, but India stay ahead of England in the rankings, Teja only loses his avatar for 6 months. If India fall below England, Teja loses his avatar for however long this remains the case (and vice versa in the unlikely event of an England defeat)

So who's in?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Stuart Broad vs Harbhajan Singh in most runs, wickets and catches. Winner is who gets 2/3 or 3/3.

I'll back Broad. 3 month bet. Anyone?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'll also offer a 1 month bet that Anderson will get Sehwag at least 3 times this series (bet is invalid if either player misses more than 1 game)

gvenkat

State Captain
Right, as the series is about a month away, I'm going to offer up an avatar bet.

My bet is over the entire series, and is points based. Winner is the person who at the end of the series has scored the most points. Points are awarded as follows:

2 points per test win
1 point for whichever country has the most centurions over the course of the series
1 point for whichever country has the highest wicket taker over the course of the series
1 point for series win
.5 for Highest scorer each match
.5 highest wicket taker each match

Now for the fun part: the duration stipulation.

Initially, the winner will own the loser's avatar until February 22nd 2011, which represents 6 months after the end of the series. At this point, the ICC Test rankings will determine whether or not the loser gets their avatar back. Let's say Teja, for argument's sake, takes the bet and loses. Teja does not get his avatar back until India are ahead of England in the ICC Test rankings after February 22nd. If I lose the bet, I do not get my avatar back until England are ahead of India in the ICC Test rankings after February 22nd. So if Teja loses, but India stay ahead of England in the rankings, Teja only loses his avatar for 6 months. If India fall below England, Teja loses his avatar for however long this remains the case (and vice versa in the unlikely event of an England defeat)

So who's in?
I think 6 monts is a lot bro. Let's shoot for a month or so.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Haha gvenkat mate, you neeed to be a proper fan like Turbinator.

Ever wondered why he has always had Mike Hussey in his avatar?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I'll also offer a 1 month bet that Anderson will get Sehwag at least 3 times this series (bet is invalid if either player misses more than 1 game)
So it is valid if either player misses one game?

Zaheer to get Strauss more times than Anderson to get Sehwag ? (only caveat being that they face off atleast equal times)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
So it is valid if either player misses one game?

Zaheer to get Strauss more times than Anderson to get Sehwag ? (only caveat being that they face off atleast equal times)
To answer your question, yes.

Could combine our bets? 1 month for the loser? Although what happens if Zak misses a Test through injury?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
To answer your question, yes.

Could combine our bets? 1 month for the loser? Although what happens if Zak misses a Test through injury?
The 2 bets are already combined in a way. Don't want to put a number.

If Zaheer misses one test than for the bet to be valid either Sehwag or Anderson have to miss on test too.

I.e Anderson vs Sehwag and Strauss Vs Zaheer has to happen equal number of times as a contest.
In game injuries don't count. So if one bowler misses one innings the test still counts as one full contest.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The 2 bets are already combined in a way. Don't want to put a number.

If Zaheer misses one test than for the bet to be valid either Sehwag or Anderson have to miss on test too.

I.e Anderson vs Sehwag and Strauss Vs Zaheer has to happen equal number of times as a contest.
In game injuries don't count. So if one bowler misses one innings the test still counts as one full contest.
You're on. Anderson to get Sehwag more times than Zak will get Strauss. 1 month.