• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England-India - who's gonna win?

Who is going to win the test series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
nfi. This is gonna be a great series.

If India have Zaheer the whole time, probably them. Still lean towards England mind you.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think 2-1 to England sounds about right. Draw at Lords, England to take out Trent Bridge and Edgbaston, India to get the consolation at The Oval.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
nfi. This is gonna be a great series.

If India have Zaheer the whole time, probably them. Still lean towards England mind you.
I can see england being 1-0 up after Lords. (customary loss by india in the 1st test of the series??)

It'd be hard to beat india after that though- The batting line-up will prob bail them out if things don;t go well for them.

chicane

State Captain
India! Backing an attack of Zaheer, Harbhajan, Sree/Ishant/Munaf/Praveen to do well enough in England, along with the batting. The teams look damn well matched though!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Lolololol

Isn't that what you said back in 2007 too? When was the last time you guys won against us anyway, when I was 5 years old? Yeah that seems about right. :p
I probably did back us to win but I definitely didn't rate us as highly.

07 of course bears no relevance to this series, and nor does the time since we've won a series against you.

What is relevant is which is the better team for the conditions. That's obviously England.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm glad we have Tests there and Edgbaston. Shame there isn't one at OT too. Makes sense to play in places we tend to win.

vcs

Didn't India win there last time?
India have recently made a bit of a habit of winning in places where they'd have no business winning if you listened to the pundits... Headingley, Trent Bridge, Perth and Durban.

vcs

Well, it's not like they get opportunities to play in those countries every year...

EDIT : To GIMH. It's basically a point that's been made umpteen times on here before, every once in a while, unfancied Indian bowlers have a habit of coming good in helpful conditions while being **** overall.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well, it's not like they get opportunities to play in those countries every year...

EDIT : To GIMH. It's basically a point that's been made umpteen times on here before, unfancied Indian bowlers have a habit of coming good in helpful conditions while being **** overall.
Still doesn't make it recent

EDIT - yeah fair enough. I'm just being a pedant tbf

Last edited: