• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yuvi - The comback

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Yuvraj Singh: 'I think these will be my best years' | Specials | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo

Pretty cool to see how much test cricket means to him, to be honest.. Quite underrated as an ODI batsman as well, IMO.
Yeah, that was pleasing to read. But I've always maintained that he has too many fundamental shortcomings to succeed consistently at the test level.

Now, in this era of shoddyline bowling and matches being played on graveyards, one may get away with that to some extent (best example: Samaraweera). But a certain level of mental fortitude is required to do well in tests as well. That and run-hunger are the most important requisites to be a successful FTB.

I'm not too sure if Yuvraj is of that bent of mind. I'd be very surprised if he does well in tests and would gladly be eating my words should such a day come.

As it stands, he would go down as a very fine ODI batsman and a useful all-rounder and surely that's a tremendous achievement. He has achieved a lot more in his chosen profession than most people do in theirs and I have a lot of respect for the guy.

Last edited: