• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Afridi vs Pollard vs Y.Pathan

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Pollard is easily one of the worlds best as a domestic T20 cricketer. He is a complete hack at international level though. It says plenty about his technique, ability and temperament that his bowling is more useful at international level.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not many rate Pollard in one dayers tbh so you can't say he's overrated

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pollard and Pathan are certainly overrated - as for Afridi he underperforms, so I don't believe he is overrated

salman85

International Debutant
Pollard.

Afridi is one of the best one day bowlers in the world,and one hell of a captain.And even though Yousuf has been enjoying a run in the side,i think he's only a bad series or two away from getting dropped.

Xuhaib

International Coach
should have been more clearer just talking about batting. Of course current Afridi is among the top 3 odi spinners in the world.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Don't think it's quite fair to lump Pathan, who has played some matchwinning innings for India, in with Pollard.

Afridi is definately overrated as batsman due to the staggering number of fans who seem to have missed that he's a bowler.

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
That's ok.Xuhaib wanted to create a thread where his Afridi hatred could be shared.

Wasn't too well thought out though.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
heh...i have always maintained I don't hate Afridi the cricketer though he bats like a ****** on most occasions its his off field persona that I don't like.

salman85

International Debutant
Afridi is most certainly not overrated.True his batting form off late has been atrocious,but he has achieved far more as a Cricketer than people thought he would 2-3 years into his career.He was always thought of as a flash in a pan,only a bad series or two away from getting the kick permanently,but not only has he gone on to become one of the best bowlers in the world in the shorter formats,but an inspirational captain and a batsman who has contributed a fair amount to our one day and T20 sides every now and then,which is being ignored because of his poor form lately.This cerainly isn't being overated.Especially when he himself has said on numerous occasions that he focuses on his bowling,and the batting is only something that is an added bonus.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pathan is probably the least talented of the three but has a surprisingly good temperament for a guy who's such a limited slogger.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
should have been more clearer just talking about batting. Of course current Afridi is among the top 3 odi spinners in the world.
Is he really? I'd put Vettori, Price, Shakib, Swann and Ajmal ahead of him for starters.

Xuhaib

International Coach
think Ajaml and Swann are ahead then there are bunch of bowlers who could make a case for 3rd.Ofcourse all this is my own opinion have not done any number crunching.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Afridi would make the Indian side as a fast bowler. Saw him bowl a batsman once with a 130Kmph 'leg spinner'.:laugh: