• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****ing ****tiest Selectors

Who're the worst?

• Total voters

Spark

Global Moderator
Difficult to say, actually. As much as I despise ours, picking Maharoof at 7 is pushing it...

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
BCCI hasn't been all that bad really. Pakistan has the be the worst imo

Xuhaib

International Coach
It goes in cycles.Going to a England tour without Younis.Yusuf and Misbah takes the biscuit we would have still lost with them in the team but a team should always look to give itself a maximum chance of competing.I guess Pakistan,SL, and WI have had the most moronic selections in the recent past.

benchmark00

Sri Lanka is an interesting one because, as I understand, their panel is intrinsically linked to the government, in particular the sports minister.

Xuhaib

International Coach
nothing tops Imran Farhat continued selection just because he is a son in law of a selector, infact the moron has laid down a condition that Fawad Alam will only be picked if Farhat is picked otherwise none of the two will be picked.

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
Not saying India are the worst but the selectors' total indifference to Ranji performances by pacers is ridiculous tstl. So is using ODIs as a stepping-stone of sorts to see whether talented FC players are good enough for tests. So is the dire 'can't change a winning team' mentality.

Pakistan clearly the worst atm though, by a fair margin.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
They aren't perfect, but I wouldn't swap ours for anyone's currently.

SL's are egregiously pooey (I don't think it's coincidence that the two most senior and respected members of their team had both had goes at the captaincy and have both given it away) but Pakistan's are on an entirely different plain.

Daemon

Not saying India are the worst but the selectors' total indifference to Ranji performances by pacers is ridiculous tstl. So is using ODIs as a stepping-stone of sorts to see whether talented FC players are good enough for tests. So is the dire 'can't change a winning team' mentality.
AWTA. One example who I think has been a bit undone by the selectors would probably be Vinay Kumar. Just because he failed in two one dayers :dry: Don't know why Mithun was picked over him in that SL series too. They seem to keep looking for that young Indian fast bowling prodigy which there simply isn't atm.

morgieb

West Indies or Pakistan. Pissed off at Australia's selectors too.

Sri Lanka's links to the government makes it hard to determine.

Himannv

International Coach
I voted Sri lanka but then remembered that the Windies have a fair number of problems. It would probably be them.

jan

State Vice-Captain
No opinon form me here, only a thought...
Being an ICC affiliate nation its interesting situation here because our selectors select themselves to form our national team :D