• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Guilty Cricket Player Pleasures. Lay 'em on the Table Guys

Xuhaib

International Coach
I look forward to watch Afridi bat eventhough I know he will be walking back in the next 11 balls.If I get a news tomorrow that Aamer and Asif ban has been overturned I will be happily back to rooting for them.

I am also secretly hoping for failures of Broad,Watto,Yuvraj,Bhajji,Trott,and Gambhir.

Last edited:

TumTum

Banned
Mitchell Johnson's bowling action (not where he bowls it)
Yuvraj Singh's bowling
Younis Khan's face / facial expressions

Chubb

International Regular
Shiv Chanderpaul. Everyone thinks he's an ugly batsman, but I find his batting style fascinating. It's like.... a mongoose toying with a cobra!

hang on

State Vice-Captain
the perverse pleasure of watching tavare bat is something that has resulted in many hours of self flagellation.

yes, yes, i know it sounds awful.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mohammad Asif. I know I should despise him because he's comically evil but I can't. He's too good. Match-fixing drug-taking tearaways are supposed to be sporadically brilliant and unpredictable, not insanely disciplined and intelligent. His off-field and on-field personas just don't match up.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Tim McIntosh
Junaid Siddique
Owais Shah
Runako Morton
Daniel Flynn
James Franklin (c)
Dinesh Ramdin
Nathan Hauritz
Jeetan Patel (vc)
Sreesanth
Darren Powell

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've always found tall ungainly opening batsmen whose techniques make batting look incredibly difficult to be a source of grim fascination - New Zealander Trevor Franklin and West Indian Adrian Griffith being the two prime examples

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Always thought I enjoyed Jimmy and Swann destroying us in the Ashes a little too much.

And Graeme Smith. Have nothing but good things to say about him after that second innings in Sydney.

Andre

International Regular
Used to really like watching Nasser Hussain and Mark Butcher bat for the English, and Mark Ealham with his dobblers.

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
- Mohammed Sami - Everyone says he's rubbish and all but I love watching the guy run in and bowl quick.
- Tino Best - Found him entertaining despite him being below par generally.
- I'm also a big fan of Anderson's action.
- Virat Kohli - Despite hating his personality and all that, I think he really is one amazing batsman.

Himannv

International Coach
Oh, thought of two more. Warne and Bond were always facsinating to watch, even if they played against SL. Used to dislike Warne back in the day but also used to always be on the edge of my seat when he was bowling.

Flem274*

123/5
How are Warne and Bond guilty pleasures?

James Franklin batting. I admit it.:cry: Such gorgeous strokeplay when he lasts longer than a few balls.:ph34r: