• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Guilty Cricket Player Pleasures. Lay 'em on the Table Guys

Flem274*

123/5
Q: What do you get when you cross Jeetan Patel with an lbw appeal?

A: Lolz, as if he would ever hit a batsmans pads.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Always thought Ajay Jadeja was a pretty stylish and attractive batsman. Still have fond memories of the demolition job on Waqar in '96 despite the match-fixing shenanigans he was involved in.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
I actually love watching Harbhajan Singh bowl. His action and run up just look so fluent and it's awsome to watch when he is bowling well.

Still a massive **** though. :ph34r:

Jacknife

International Captain
I've got a bit of a weird one, I really enjoy watching Abdur Rehman bowl, I really like his bowling action and his bound into the crease,

Flem274*

123/5
Imrul Kayes.

It's funny because everyone hates him yet he keeps scoring enough runs to stay in the side.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I enjoy watching non-bowlers bowl, primarily English. Love watching KP, before that Vaughan and most of all, before that, Gooch. I dont know why. I just do.

Himannv

International Coach
Always thought Ajay Jadeja was a pretty stylish and attractive batsman. Still have fond memories of the demolition job on Waqar in '96 despite the match-fixing shenanigans he was involved in.
Yep, Jadeja was one of my favourites back then as well. One of the few (only?) Indian players whom I liked back then.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
I always loved watching Dominic Cork, Ryan Sidebottom and Craig White bowl. The third guy was not even a good bowler but his action looked really smooth to me.

Maybe, I have a thing for this classical English seamers' side-on action. :laugh: Mike Smith was another bowler that I loved to watch.

Loved to watch Daren Ganga bat. I know he's not a great Test batsman, but everything seemed so correct with the way he batted.

Last edited:

hazsa19

International Regular
Michael Clarke. He's clearly a massive douche with a beautiful girlfriend, an intensely irritating voice, and ridiculous tattoos.

BUT, boy do I love watching him bat, especially against spinners. In a couple of his innings in the recent Ashes he started to dominate Swann. One was cut short by KP and another by some brilliant swing bowling from Jimmeh.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I enjoy watching non-bowlers bowl, primarily English. Love watching KP, before that Vaughan and most of all, before that, Gooch. I dont know why. I just do.
Me too.

Gooch was good to watch as a bowler because he bowled proper medium pace (ie not fast-medium, not medium-fast) and swung the ball a lot. The sort of guy who might get a bagful of wickets every week in the sort of club cricket that I've played. Along the same lines, I really enjoyed watching Ant Botha bowling his big inswingers in that WC match against Pakistan a few years back.

Spark

Global Moderator
Mitchell Johnson's bowling action (not where he bowls it)
Yuvraj Singh's bowling
Younis Khan's face / facial expressions
Back in 08/9 I adored Mitchell's bowling tbh. The action and the results. This was before he became the cricketing equivalent of a loose fire hose, of course.

I always enjoyed watching Katman bat tbh, even though I know his technique should be the opposite of aesthetic.

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gooch's repertoire of impersonations, particularly his Bob Willis, were always worth watching

vcs

Love watching Sachin bowl, not sure if it counts as 'guilty'.
Same. He's awful nowadays, but there was a time when he was one of our best bowlers in ODIs (mid-to-late '90s). Also, in the early part of the '00s, he used to bowl a mixture of leg-spin, off-spin, googlies, seam-up etc. and it was one of the most entertaining sights to watch. :laugh: Used to get some serious turn as well.

Daemon

Same. He's awful nowadays, but there was a time when he was one of our best bowlers in ODIs (mid-to-late '90s). Also, in the early part of the '00s, he used to bowl a mixture of leg-spin, off-spin, googlies, seam-up etc. and it was one of the most entertaining sights to watch. :laugh: Used to get some serious turn as well.
Yeah his seam ups were the best! And he still gets some turn, he bowled a real warnie in the WC recently. 80% of the rest were full tosses but I'm pretty sure if they landed they would've turned a mile :laugh: