• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No Lord's Test for the Windies in 2012

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
a question as pointless as asking is it fair eng and aus play 25 per cent of their cricket between each other.
Shouldn't you be off playing Sri Lanka in another ODI series next month or something. Been a while

shivfan

Banned
Spot the guy who's never been to Lord's.
I haven't personally, but both my kids have, to see Test matches, and we're all agreed that the Oval has a more enjoyable atmosphere for what we're looking for in terms of a cricket environment.

I'm more disappointed that the Oval just got an ODI, and not a Test. I really couldn't care less if Lords got a WI Test or not. But we all thoroughly enjoyed the international between England and WIndies that we last saw at the Oval.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've not yet been to the Oval so I can't really compare the two.

Just go to Lord's. I hold London's upper-class toff culture in just as much contempt as you do and I still thought it was the best place ever.

Uppercut

Haha, not quite. That's where you go for a more sinister angle on England's imperial history.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year

This guy doesn't do irony.
:laugh:

Anyway when the West Indies captain flies into Heathrow a day before a Test series and publicly wonders about whether there's any point in Test cricket (I paraphrase) then frankly I'm not prepared to give too much of a **** that they are not going to get the chance to play a Test at HQ next time round. Particularly when the alternative is that tundra-dwelling urchins in the northern counties will be deprived of their chance to earn a rare honest bob by selling Test match scorecards at Old Trafford or Headingley.

And if the BCCI keep on with their masterplan of degrading Test cricket then their team should be warmly welcomed to a 2-match mini-series to be played, in May, at Chester-le-Street and The Toilet Bowl. After which they can play 23 ODIs and 55 T20s at Lord's and the Oval and everyone will be happy.

vcs

Anyway when the West Indies captain flies into Heathrow a day before a Test series and publicly wonders about whether there's any point in Test cricket (I paraphrase) then frankly I'm not prepared to give too much of a **** that they are not going to get the chance to play a Test at HQ next time round. Particularly when the alternative is that tundra-dwelling urchins in the northern counties will be deprived of their chance to earn a rare honest bob by selling Test match scorecards at Old Trafford or Headingley.

And if the BCCI keep on with their masterplan of degrading Test cricket then their team should be warmly welcomed to a 2-match mini-series to be played, in May, at Chester-le-Street and The Toilet Bowl. After which they can play 23 ODIs and 55 T20s at Lord's and the Oval and everyone will be happy.
Er, what? Can you explain exactly what BCCI have done to implement their "masterplan of degrading Test cricket"?

pskov

International 12th Man
I drank the alcohol I took in with me at my seat. Was I not supposed to?
No, that's perfectly fine. I think there is technically a one bottle of wine or two cans of beer limit per spectator, but realistically unless you are taking in such a quantity that they suspect you are reselling it inside the ground they won't take any alcohol off you.

Last edited:

Bun

Banned

what a random pointless rant. :laugh: care to atleast how india is killing test cricket??

Bun

Banned
Er, what? Can you explain exactly what BCCI have done to implement their "masterplan of degrading Test cricket"?
heh didn't see this post before posting the above.

answer must be 'lulz they play ipl so by default they're anti cricket lulz' 8-)

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
2 Test mini series, according too much priority to pointless limited overs stuff, that kind of thing. Prepared to accept I may have overstated my point though.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
2 Test mini series, according too much priority to pointless limited overs stuff, that kind of thing. Prepared to accept I may have overstated my point though.
TBF I think Australia cut their test series to South Africa down to only two tests.

But wait...that's because of the Champions league so we can still blame India. Hurray

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Actually I see that India are playing a whole heap of Tests this year, so I should probably wind my neck in a bit.

Bun

Banned
Do you realise those two test series didn't exist in the first place? They supplemented the original 4 or 3 test series held, and unlike other boards who actually trim down main series from 3 to 2, India actually went a step further and converted a originally planned 2 test series into 3 with NZ, at the expense of, hang on to your seats, three ODIs!!! :shock:

Team records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

Since beginning of 2007, ie, last 4.5 years, India is the team to have most number of tests after England, a worthy 46 to Eng's 54 and above Australia and SA.

But why facts should come in the way of another anti India rant?

Last edited:

vcs

Not a huge fan of 2-Test series myself, but the ones India played last year were added to the schedule by cutting short pre-planned bilateral ODI series IIRC.

Actually I see that India are playing a whole heap of Tests this year, so I should probably wind my neck in a bit.
Fair enough.