• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ijaz Butt to sue ICC over a amendment that he himself proposed

Howe_zat

Audio File
The PCB are cricket's equivalent of the comically inept villains we got on Saturday morning cartoons.

Spark

Global Moderator
Fictional villains more competent than Ijaz Butt

- Stormtroopers
- Bond goons
- Wile E. Coyote

salman85

International Debutant
Not only is he outdoing his own assholic ways every other days,he's also making his mother,wife and sister very famous on the lips of Pakistani men.

Ban this asshole for life.Take him to the supreme court.C'mon ICI,do something useful for once.I'd love a 'ICI refuses to recognize Pakistan until Ijaz Butt is removed as chairman' thing.

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
That Ijaz Butt is a moron and PCB a joke organization is a given. It is the height of incompetence for Butt to apparently nominate this amendment (which he nor the PCB actually wrote) without knowing its true implications. Having said all that, I actually think the PCB does raise two good arguments against its implementation:

• The ICC was aware of PCB’s organization structure (as well as Sri Lanka’s and Bangladesh’s) when they admitted them into the club. If they had serious misgivings about the political nature of the board’s structure, they should have raised the issue then. To do so now is unfair and while I’m no lawyer, seems illegal.

• There is vagueness as to what constitutes government/political interference. It is easy to say that the Chairman and the board should not be beholden to political forces and should be democratically elected. I think that’s a noble idea and I would love if the PCB officials were democratically elected and accountable to someone other than a single person (the President). However in reality, ALL cricket boards are beholden to the politics of the time. Whatever political party happens to be in charge can decide where the teams can tour for example, even when security is not a concern. How will the ICC define political interference that can be consistently and fairly applied to all member nations? As PCB pointed out, even domestic tournaments require assistance from the local governing bodies, therefore politics can’t be excluded from the process completely.

One thing is for sure, and that is that PCB is once again at odds with all the other members. It saddens me to see Pakistan Cricket increasingly isolated. I realize it’s largely due to the actions of our players and board, but nevertheless it hurts the development of the game in a cricket-mad country. With the collapse of the so called Asian bloc, Pakistan has no leverage and support in world cricket. I pray that we get a miracle and are able to appoint a competent Chairman that can repair these relations and take us on a path to recovery.

Austerlitz

U19 Debutant
BigButt Attacks.:laugh:

Just FTR he was recently on a tv show in pak denouncing afridi with other guests mohd ilyas his buddy in buffonery,sarfraz nawaz,the original buffoon and SALMAN BUTT.Butt butt brotherhood.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think we're missing the big picture here. The new ICC amendment was drafted by Mark Gay which has angered Ijaz Butt.

Butt unresponsive to Gay action

Butt shafted by Gay

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
This is becoming so embarrassing now. Does he not have a brain or something (apparently he was educated in Harvard).

One problem I see with this is that even if the PCB and Pakistan allows elections, how would we know that those elections weren't tampered with by Zardari.

vicky

School Boy/Girl Captain
Leaving aside Butt's buffoonery, I think this is an idea to be applauded.

For all their scandals and failings the IOC and FIFA are certainly better run and more powerful central bodies than the ICC and the ICC could do worse than to implement some of the policies espoused therein.

I've long thought that the sooner direct political interference is eliminated from cricket administration the better and the ICC should be applauded for this proposal (whether it is implemented is another issue).

I think the requirement that the bodies running cricket within individual member nations are elected by, and representative of, the cricketing community is a laudable one and will hopefully improve cricketing governance within those setups and consequently within the ICC. Mind you, a democratically elected body does not guarantee good governance; just look at the Windies; but it's a good start.

I also don't give much credence to the (official) objections being raised by the PCB; yes the ICC knew the structure when the PCB joined; it doesn't mean they can't change it now if it's for the betterment of the game. Furthermore, a quick search shows that Pakistan (as well as Sri Lanka and Bangladesh) are all members of FIFA with its' strict rules in regard to political interference; if those countries footballing bodies can comply with such rules then the cricketing establishment should too. Personally I would like the ICC to go one step further and offer a monitoring service in respect to the elections (if requested by the participants) to ensure that they are run properly and transparently - that would hopefully prevent sham elections such as what allegedly occurred in Zimbabwe where brand new "shell" clubs were created to buttress the votes of those in power.

I also don't see how such changes would "damage" or "destroy" or even "isolate" Pakistan cricket; the only reason that Pakistan cricket would be harmed by these rules is if those in political power refuse to let go resulting in Pakistan’s' exclusion from the ICC. And it's not as if the changes will happen immediately, you're looking at a lead time of at least 12 months from when the rules are brought in; plenty of time to organise elections and set up the structures necessary to comply.

If you can't; or are unwilling to; do what is required to comply with the rules then BUTT out (hahaha... see what I did there? I'll get my coat)

Xuhaib

International Coach
Agreed with Vicky this is an excellent proposal infact if implemented Pakistan cricket would be one fthe biggest beneficiaries.

Xuhaib

International Coach
also this means no more involvement of Indian government and we can have Indo-Pak series regularly.