• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most promising stars of Intl cricket

Austerlitz

U19 Debutant
Rate top 5 batsmen in quality order and bowlers in intl cricket max age 26-27 who u think will dominate cricket for the next decade,[aged 26-27 max so that they play about 10 odd yrs more]
For tests.
For odis.

hang on

State Vice-Captain
had high hopes for akmal jr. but am not so sure any more.

amir was a potential star and hopefully can come back after his ban.

barath and bravo.

angelo mathews.

salman85

International Debutant
Hard picking out different lists for Tests and ODIs,so ill stick to bowlers and batsmen,in no particular order :

Batsmen:
Kohli
Cook
AB De Villiers
Umar Akmal
Usman Khawaja

Bowlers:
Steven Finn
Junaid Khan
Ashwin
Bishoo
Mendis

Some names here don't count as 'upcoming stars' perhaps because they've been around a while,but i took liberty with the 26-27 age limit.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
I hesitate to judge batsman till they are 25.ABD will be the big batsman of this decade there a few potentially very good young batsman Kohli, Akmal jr, Bravo jr, pMorgan, Pujara to name some of them.

Among bowlers Roach has the most promise Finn, Ishant Sharma also was really impressed by Milne hopefully most of these players will fulfill their promise.

salman85

International Debutant
I know.Which is why i said i took liberty with the 26-27 age limit of the OP.

A better measurement tool could be to stick to players who made their debuts in or after 2008/09.Regardless of the age.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Surprised Tamim hasn't got a mention yet.

When he sorts out his shot selection he'll rule the world.

More parochially and yet to debut at international level, Jos Buttler is one to keep an eye on. Scores very quickly with genuine cricket shots and has elastic wrists.