• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the post-1980 Test Hundreds

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Right, work with me here.

As there has been a fair amount of discussion following the Top Test Knocks of All Time thread, we are going to kick this off.

I haven't run a battle before, so if you want to have a bitch about it, I really don't give a ****.

Five noms each. Unlimited seconds. I'm hoping we can get a number of noms that will allow me to run either two or four battles per day.

When you nominate, please include a link to the cricinfo scorecard for the match in question. Noms received without the link will not be accepted.

Once the winner is decided, depending on the level of interest, I'll then run a pre-1980 test knocks battle and then have a final between that winner and this one. I realise every test pre-1980 sounds ridiculous, but there have been so many tests played since 1980 the difference probably isn't that great. Besides, 1980 seems a reasonable cut off point to start here - post-WSC and there are a few of us who saw a lot of the knocks which will come into play.

Battles will run 24 hours, and for 48 hours over weekends, because I generally cbf then.

If the number of participants is low, I'll open it up to unlimited noms.

Get on board.

Oh, does anyone have any randomising software? :ph34r:

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Reckon you just automatically add all the obvious ones tbh, like Laxman's 281, Ponting's 156 etc.

Burgey

Last edited:

Burgey

Hayden 380

lol JK
I'll include it as a nom tbh, I intend to do that with all those I can think of which broke records. Hence Viv's fastest despite that England attack being like most England attacks between 1981-2005 - ********.

Edit: oh, and I should of course nominate Sachin.

Not one innings, just him. I think it's the right thing to do.

Last edited:

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Gilly's 149* was supreme, beter bowling attack he faced, incredible batting in that match situation, flawless knock, in the 4th innings. GOLD STUFF. The 204* was great, but tired bowling attack, they were gone by the end of day one, just been hammered too much that whole summer.

Chubb

International Regular
Andy Flower 199* v South Africa, 2001

Andy Flower 232* v India, 2000

Michael Vaughan 177 v Australia, 2002-03

Ricky Ponting 156 v England, 2005

Nasser Hussain 206 v Australia, 1997

bagapath

International Captain
rahul dravid's 233 in melbourne 2003-04
azhar mehmood's 108 (?) against SA in the late 90s
rasvi shastri's 110 vs WI in 1988-89 in Barbados

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
73* , 96, i thought we could only post tons?? Otherwise Steve Waugh's 63* was better than Laxman's.