• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the post-1980 Test Hundreds

hang on

State Vice-Captain
oh boy, a tough one.

lara 153
laxman 281
gooch 150ish
tendulkar 136
gilchrist 160ish? (that hobart one)

sorry about
hussein 200 in 1997
hayden 100 in the mideast
astle 200 .... that one.
sehwag 200 against the lankans

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can someone nominate Martyn's 100 in the 2nd innings of the Chennai 2004 Test now that I've exhausted mine..

Xuhaib

International Coach
Kakmal 113

Miandad 102

Afridi 141 Can't believe this idiot thought he can't play test cricket dominated Kumble like no ever did to him in India.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Yusuf twin hundred on the 00 tour to Windies were his best knocks fresh first day pitches against Walsh and Ambrose

Austerlitz

U19 Debutant
The ones i saw live.

Laxman 281.
Lara 153*
sachin 155*
akmal 109
Dravid 180.
Sachin 136
Atherton 185
Laxman 167
Sehwag 201
martyn 104[i think] vs india in 2004
ponting 156

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
I can't talk about the ones that I haven't seen live, tbh! I've already listed the best knocks I've seen (not necessarily hundreds) in this post.

One knock that I would give an arm and a leg to see live is Graham Gooch's 154* in Leeds, 1991 against a pace attack dispatched from hell by Satan. I've seen a few video highlights and having read enough about it, I'm convinced it has to rank right up there. Gooch WAFG! 8-)