• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Just how yellow is Indian cricket journalism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spark

Global Moderator
So either this is actually Deepan Joshi, or someone pretending to be Deepan Joshi.

Both possibilities are, well...

Contrarian

Cricket Spectator
This is my post. Why should I be penalized for trolling or for plagiarism. That's pretty awful by whoever has reported this.

Contrarian

Cricket Spectator
Yeah. Have the decency to come up with your own stuff, which means that don't report the guy who posted it originally for plagiarism or trolling. The post was mine.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not really. You need to understand average first before you can decide a player's domination based on that. I can pretty much prove that Bradman was not even the best Australian batsman of his time leave aside being the world's best. He would never make it to an all time World XI, which Hobbs will.
Will Sehwag be opening with Hobbs in the All Time World XI?

Please prove this assertion about Bradman for us. We await your considered views, including which diminutive middle order subcontinental player you consider to actually be the best player of all time.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member

Please prove this assertion about Bradman for us. We await your considered views, including which diminutive middle order subcontinental player you consider to actually be the best player of all time.
Please don't.

I wonder how long this is going to last.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Sehwag and Gavaskar to open IMO. They'd complement each other beautifully.

Contrarian

Cricket Spectator
Sehwag will not even make it to an Indian XI, forget opening for the World. Barry Richards is my choice but there are plenty of other great openers and I am cool with another great choice.

Contrarian

Cricket Spectator
Which assertion about Bradman do you want me to prove? The post already makes it clear that the most important thing to remember about average is that most observations hover around the mediocre, the average; the odds of a deviation decline faster and faster (exponentially) as you move away from the average. If you must have only one single piece of information, this is the one: the dramatic increase in the speed of decline in the odds as you move away from the center, or the average. This is not just my conclusion but you can ask anyone who knows anything about statistics and more importantly about mathematics; the great French mathematician Henri Poincare hated the fact that something like a mean was considered applicable in mathematics; it is not. You have to consider things that move and things that don't. Average can be used with some degree of certainty when the deviations are marginal, like the weight and height of an adult human being; since it would rarely go from 70-80 to 800 to 1000. Also runs are not equal as it is not just about quantity but also quality. And average cannot handle quality. It would count a century against a great attack in challenging conditions as the same a one against a limp attack with no teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.