• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

where should Pakistan plays its home series Sri Lanka or UAE?

Gooch20

Banned
There is a debate going on in PCB where to play its home series, mostly likely the locations will be either Sri Lanka or UAE. Which conditions suite Pakistan better do you think?? Both Pakistan and Sri Lanka are south asian countries, but UAE is more closer to pakistan distance wise and the weather in UAE is more similar to Pakistan, because pakistan is mostly a desert country like UAE and Sri lanka is a tropical humid country. So I am assuming UAE has more similar pitches to Pakistan.

What do you guys think?

here is the map btw, for those who can't figure out the distance between pakistan and the two countries"

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
My favourite location would be England, because it will give our batsmen some good practise. However the ECB might not be so generous after Big Butts stupidity.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sri Lanka in my opinion. They have really good Test match pitches with something for seamers and spin bowlers.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Both places with some flat pitches among others.

Reckon Pakistan may get more support in the UAE though and they are improving infrastructure there.
Can stage matches in different emirates too.

And rain is a issue in Srilanka in the off season while Srilanka would be playing any ways in their cricketing season at home.

Xuhaib

International Coach
UAE.

The key to becoming a good test side is to first become a side that is difficult to beat also the roads of UAE will help the young Pakistani batsman in getting the confidence to score big.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
My favourite location would be England, because it will give our batsmen some good practise. However the ECB might not be so generous after Big Butts stupidity.
Pakistan must never be invited to play in England again while Ijaz Butt holds a position of power in the PCB.

IMkamna

Banned
i would like to see to Pakistan in UAE, i think whenever Pakistan play there match is always full of drama.

salman85

International Debutant
Srilanka.

Really enjoyed our matches during the WC there.I never enjoy matches in UAE after Sharjah got the kick because the place doesn't have that cricket feel to it.Also,going by the support we had during the WC in Srilanka,we would get decent,if not great support in Srilanka.

Our supporters in UAE would be too busy driving taxis.

Blaze 18

Banned
Pakistan might feel more at home in the UAE (understandably so). The crowd support and pitches would be more to their liking. On a related note, let's hope cricket returns to Pakistan as soon as possible. Watching all those men who come to watch matches in the UAE isn't quite the same as watching those beautiful damsels from Karachi cheer their team on.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pakistan might feel more at home in the UAE (understandably so). The crowd support and pitches would be more to their liking. On a related note, let's hope cricket returns to Pakistan as soon as possible. Watching all those men who come to watch matches in the UAE isn't quite the same as watching those beautiful damsels from Karachi cheer their Afridi on.
Fixed

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Cevno sums it up perfectly:

And rain is a issue in Srilanka in the off season while Srilanka would be playing any ways in their cricketing season at home.
It's a better bet for Pakistan to play in a nation which doesn't play test cricket itself. A clash of interests would be avoided in that way. Plus, the tracks in UAE aren't too dissimilar to the ones in Multan or Faisalabad. The good local support would also be a benefit to the team.

salman85

International Debutant
Pakistan might feel more at home in the UAE (understandably so). The crowd support and pitches would be more to their liking. On a related note, let's hope cricket returns to Pakistan as soon as possible. Watching all those men who come to watch matches in the UAE isn't quite the same as watching those beautiful damsels from Karachi cheer their team on.
Lahore has hotter women :@

Xuhaib

International Coach
best situation is play in UAE and look to invite the associate sides and A teams of the major nations this will help to build the trust back of the member nations though can't see a major tour fr another 5 years.

jashan83

U19 Captain
I think they should play in Malaysia. Malaysia has got 3 beautiful stadiums with 2 having day and night facility in them. The pitches would be different and surely not roads. Local support would be there and would do great for the profile of the game in the country

If that does not work out then either USA or Canada.

jashan83

U19 Captain
The US would be an interesting choice. Does anyone know what the pitches are like there?
Only 1 ODI approved ground in Florida. They are working on second one is USA. They are also working on concept of movable pitches which can then be used to modify a baseball ground into a cricket one. Baseball grounds are in plenty but using them for test, I don't know