• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

where should Pakistan plays its home series Sri Lanka or UAE?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Surely it has to be the UAE? Not a million miles away from Pakistan, has a reasonably sized expat community, and you'd imagine has similar conditions to Pakistan.

I thought England would make a good home given the 2nd and 3rd generation population over here, but then Amir and Asif got themselves banned and Ijaz Butt slandered the reputation of the England team. I'd be happy for England to never play a bilateral series against Pakistan again tbh after their carry-on last summer.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Only when Butt is in charge. When they have someone who isn't bat **** insane in charge of their board and cleaned up their act, I'd love them to come back. Some of the most fun I've had watching sport has been England v Pakistan at Headingley.

pskov

International 12th Man
Surely it has to be the UAE? Not a million miles away from Pakistan, has a reasonably sized expat community, and you'd imagine has similar conditions to Pakistan.

I thought England would make a good home given the 2nd and 3rd generation population over here, but then Amir and Asif got themselves banned and Ijaz Butt slandered the reputation of the England team. I'd be happy for England to never play a bilateral series against Pakistan again tbh after their carry-on last summer.
Didn't Headingley actually lose money from staging the Pakistan v Australia test last summer? The crowds were way under what was expected, despite a big advertising push towards the local Pakistani community. If that's the case then I can't see them playing here on a regular basis unless the county grounds are in someway subsidised by the PCB, of which there is a much chance as the Queen competing in the Olympic triple jump for Denmark.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't Headingley actually lose money from staging the Pakistan v Australia test last summer? The crowds were way under what was expected, despite a big advertising push towards the local Pakistani community. If that's the case then I can't see them playing here on a regular basis unless the county grounds are in someway subsidised by the PCB, of which there is a much chance as the Queen competing in the Olympic triple jump for Denmark.
What about Diving?