• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harper and De Silva Removed from Elite Panel

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bravo. Both comfortably below the others.

Wouldn't honestly complain if Bowden had've got the arse too tho.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Great news for world cricket. For the good for Sri Lankan cricket, Ashoka must not be allowed to umpire any f/c matches in the island too. Not even a Sunday game or a club match!

Throw out Doctrove and one with the crooked finger next! :cool:

salman85

International Debutant
How come India don't have any umpires in the elite panel?

I had never noticed this before.

With the scale of cricket taking place in the country,there are bound to be some Umpires good enough to do well at the highest level.

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
Very good news, especially about Ashoka :), I'll not forgive him for that Wilson LBW decision :(,

either way Kumar Dharmasena and Richard Kettleborough are very good umpires and deserve to be given a chance...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
How come India don't have any umpires in the elite panel?

I had never noticed this before.

With the scale of cricket taking place in the country,there are bound to be some Umpires good enough to do well at the highest level.
Y'know it'd never even occurred to me, but you're right. Weird becaue Venkat was one of the very best umpires I've ever seen.

Maybe there's too much money for ex-pros in the media for any to step up?

Bun

Banned
umpiring in india is heavily politicised. merit hardly getd through. u need to lick all the right boots to be at the top.

also the rewards are extremely poor.

shivfan

Banned
Good news....

Has anyone else noticed how even the best umpires prefer the IPL to international cricket? Simon Taufel is umpiring in the IPL, while the Test matches between Pakistan and the West Indies had to put up with Asoka deSilva.
:dry:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Good news....

Has anyone else noticed how even the best umpires prefer the IPL to international cricket? Simon Taufel is umpiring in the IPL, while the Test matches between Pakistan and the West Indies had to put up with Asoka deSilva.
:dry:
Can't really have Taufel and Dar doing all the series though.

They need to give the other umpires in the "Elite Panel" Equal chances too.