• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Martin Crowe has Mid Life Crisis (and may well pull it off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
GFI son!

Was it Greatbatch who smacked everyone around in the charity game a few months ago? That was incredible.

Days of Grace

International Captain
A few more than the proverbial one man and his dog (read Benchmark), would turn up at the first-class grounds, that is for sure.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will surely be in the test team by years end

(as opening bowler if he sticks with the mediums)

GGG

State Captain
Doesn't matter what age you are if you are good enough and I believe Mr Crowes eye would be better even at his age than most first class cricketers in NZ. Will probably collapse with a knee injury first game though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This would be the greatest thing of all time. Never saw Crowe bat properly but old bastards showing that class is permanent is awesome.

Do it, Auckland. You'll pull in the crowds at least.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Martin Crowe was the best batsmen around in his time - he somehow managed to combine the grace of a Gower with the power of a Richards - can't see him still being able to cut it at 48, and if he can't I sincerely hope he doesn't spoil the memories by trying, but if has still got it then I can't wait to see it

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Graham Gooch must have been 45-ish when he retired from First Class. It's certainly not unthinkable for a guy of 48 to have a go. I'd be more worried about the fact he hasn't played properly in 15 years, rather than his age per se.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah, checked on Gooch and his last season was 97, so must have been 44.

Edit: And it turns out he played a tour match for the MCC in 2000, at 47.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.