• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

T20-the future of cricket?

Agent TBY

International Captain
t20 has become the only decent form of cricket these days, or at least the only one worth watching. test cricket is nothing but monotomous, nothing ever happens. only the good players succeed in t20, in tests all you have to do is stand in front of your wicket and block all day, reckon i could do that.
Jonathan Trott is a perfect example of this, hes selected for the test matches because hes boring and has calm temperament but when it comes to t20-where you actually have to hit the ball hard and display a range of different shots, he gets dropped.
an example of a batsman who is technically perfect is shahid afridi, at least he actually tries to hit the ball hard enough to aquire any sort of decent runnage.
another thing which really gets my goat, all i ever hear about is how great tendulkar is, well has he ever won a t20 world cup, no, i didnt think so. enough said.

jashan83

U19 Captain
t20 has become the only decent form of cricket these days, or at least the only one worth watching. test cricket is nothing but monotomous, nothing ever happens. only the good players succeed in t20, in tests all you have to do is stand in front of your wicket and block all day, reckon i could do that.
Jonathan Trott is a perfect example of this, hes selected for the test matches because hes boring and has calm temperament but when it comes to t20-where you actually have to hit the ball hard and display a range of different shots, he gets dropped.
an example of a batsman who is technically perfect is shahid afridi, at least he actually tries to hit the ball hard enough to aquire any sort of decent runnage.
another thing which really gets my goat, all i ever hear about is how great tendulkar is, well has he ever won a t20 world cup, no, i didnt think so. enough said.
What crap. Test cricket is here to stay. It is the best form of cricket. Look at Ashes we had. So popular. Ind-SA test series had so much hype built around them.

T20 has its market and will help spread cricket but what you write is crap