• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka Premier League (SLPL)

brockley

International Captain
Srilankan ipl

In july.
Aussie and indian players keen to play.
Well timed i think,only competition is county cricket.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sri Lankan IPL? Damn BCCI, now paying everyone else to name their domestic competitions after India. :@

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Source Brockley?

I couldn't find any mention on Cricinfo. How much money is in Sri Lankan cricket that could attract any international talent?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The ICC should enforce a rule that each player gets only one T20 team to represent, from anywhere in the world. That's how it works in football, and the rule here will reduce the workload on players as well as solve the whole 'custody battle' issue that comes up before each Champions' League.

brockley

International Captain
No they are going to have their own proffessional 20/20 league with overseas players included,some aussies been signed(according to darren berry),probably 2nd rate indian players not the firsts side.
The srilankan league is targetting aussie and indian players.
July is the tentative date,still at the planning stage.

brockley

International Captain
No link as yet titbits from other articles i have read,like with 1/2 sentence about it.
The chucky article was a month ago in the age.

Bun

Banned

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know whther it's in 2012 but there is talk about it in SL. Matches will be played in SL / UAE and Pakistan (if possible). Oil lords will be funding the tournement as well as some multi national companies as well. The talk is that the boards of the countries that send their players will be payed a hefty fee to encouraging to send players.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
More like that PCB is trying to settle it's grudges with BCCI, and using depleted SLC as a bait (since BCCI started ass ****ing SLC)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don't know how they're possibly going to get enough money to make it a success, but if they want to try, go for it.