• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Match Fixing in England - Surely Not?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
In the Lancashire case they agreed to set a generous target but still tried to win the game. In the Warwickshire case Bob Willis left the ground with a suitcase full of £5 notes.

Agent TBY

International Captain
theres only match fixing in india, england isnt a backward, cesspit of a country, where people fix matches in exchange fro your wife or your chicken.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I commented (on cricsim I believe) at the time of Reece Topley's debut that I was a little surprised to see a Topley turning out for Essex given the animosity and ill feeling between Topley Snr and Essex at the time.

I always liked Topley as a player. My memory of him was that he was quicker than you give him credit for in your article. Essex were blessed with a good stock of seam bowling at the time - Neil Foster, John Lever, Mark Ilott. He was a better bowler than some of the alternatives though - Steve Andrew being an example (one who turned out for Taita CC, incidentally, with erratic results)