• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best against the best

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Also, I am not quite sure how Tendulkar got MOTS when Hayden scored almost twice as many runs as him and averaged 109.

Spark

Global Moderator
Sehwag Fan is Dhoni_Fan................mods please check :ph34r:
Nah, I seem to remember a thread in which this sehwag fan made a thread laughing about KP's failed auction for the flood relief appeal. Draw from that what you will.

sehwag fan

School Boy/Girl Captain
That doesn't (or certainly shouldn't) be a consideration at all in determining MOTS, because it's way too subjective.
It wasn't.

1998=Sachin
1999=Sachin
2001= Harbhajan
2003=Dravid
2004= Martyn
2007=Lee
2008=Ishant
2010=sachin

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I feel I also gotta say how awesome Gavaskar was. When you look at it like this author where a great attack was that which had 2 all-time greats then his record really IS that good. I recall giving him a LOT of **** for claims that he secured his record against the WIndies four-pronged attack. Whilst that statement isn't strictly true he still faced bloody awesome WIndies attacks and scored a lot of runs. A few years later and the penny has finally fallen for me :laugh: sorry guys!

sehwag fan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Nah, I seem to remember a thread in which this sehwag fan made a thread laughing about KP's failed auction for the flood relief appeal. Draw from that what you will.
Nobody was laughing at flood victim. Get over this. Laughing was at person from Afghanistan who won and then withdrew it.

salman85

International Debutant
Statistically,i have no issues with Tendulkar leading the 2nd list.But surely in terms of the bigger achievement,Lara tops both Sehwag and Tendulkar.Part of a much weaker team,and for most part of his later career,was the only thing that stopped other teams from raping WI.

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
That doesn't (or certainly shouldn't) be a consideration at all in determining MOTS, because it's way too subjective.
More to the point: the Indian attack was amongst the best in the world in home conditions, at that time. Hayden was just a glaring name when I was looking at the batting averages. But you'd think Laxman or Dravid or Harbhajan would have gotten a fairer shout. It appears they all got stiffed.

sehwag fan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Statistically,i have no issues with Tendulkar leading the 2nd list.But surely in terms of the bigger achievement,Lara tops both Sehwag and Tendulkar.Part of a much weaker team,and for most part of his later career,was the only thing that stopped other teams from raping WI.
Tendulkar and Sehwag never had attack of Ambrose+Walsh throughout their career which Lara had in 68 of his test match career.

Strong bowling attack is stronger team.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
If the word "average" is not your cup of tea you're on the wrong forum TBH :p

Blaze 18

Banned
Not sure which is worse; Tendulkar fans (only one or two, really) constantly trying to bring him into every discussion, or the anti-Tendulkar brigade that is ever ready for a slanging match. :dry:

As for the topic, stats or no stats, Lara is the best batsman after the Don (best attack, weak attack, crap attack, whatever). Tendulkar is up there in the top five or six as well, but if we're talking performances against McGrath, no mortal touches Lara. Enough said.

sehwag fan

School Boy/Girl Captain
More to the point: the Indian attack was amongst the best in the world in home conditions, at that time. Hayden was just a glaring name when I was looking at the batting averages. But you'd think Laxman or Dravid or Harbhajan would have gotten a fairer shout. It appears they all got stiffed.
Harbhajan won it. Why did you ignore my earlier post.

salman85

International Debutant
Tendulkar and Sehwag never had attack of Ambrose+Walsh throughout their career which Lara had in 68 of his test match career.

Strong bowling attack is stronger team.
I think you're confusing net practice record with test match record

Last edited:

sehwag fan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Not sure which is worse; Tendulkar fans (only one or two, really) constantly trying to bring him into every discussion, or the anti-Tendulkar brigade that is ever ready for a slanging match. :dry:

As for the topic, stats or no stats, Lara is the best batsman after the Don (best attack, weak attack, crap attack, whatever). Tendulkar is up there in the top five or six as well, but if we're talking performances against McGrath, no mortal touches Lara. Enough said.
Says a massive lara fan. :laugh::laugh:

Pietersen , Laxman , Vaughan and Sehwag all have pretty good record against Mcgrath in limited opportunity they have got.

Lara's most of the runs came in WI. Pretty sure Sehwag would have certainly bettered lara in home condition