• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zimbabwe 'A' v Australia 'A' v South Africa 'A'

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FFS.

Why the **** have we decided that a bloke with a grand total of one FC ton has to be the next captain?
is anyone else on my hartley for the test keeper after haddin wagon? should have picked north if only so he could have been the captain.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
So much fail in there. Where do we start...

EDIT: Will mention a few -

1) Copeland, Butterworth and Hilfenhaus playing OD Cricket
2) Beer replacing O'Keefe for the four day matches :@
3) No Bailey, Marsh, Smith, Pattinson, etc
4) Tim Paine to be our captain in all forms in < 5 years
Pretty sure an article on Cricinfo mentioned Bailey as recovering from a shoulder (?) injury or something.

I really think our selectors are smoking something. The squads are so stupid, the whole OD squad is based on FC performances...

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Its funny to get so angry at seeing an Aussie A squad, but i cant help it. Sack the whole bloody lot of selectors, seriously, its beyond a joke now.
This. The squad chosen for this series just plain infuriates me. How the **** does Trent Copeland get picked in the OD squad despite averaging 69 with the ball? What the **** is wrong with these morons? I'd rather the BBCI than these incompetent losers.

Cosgrove and Quiney miss out on both squads, I guess that's a reward for topping the run tallys last season.

Peter George must be injured still as well.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
So angry still. Cosgrove and Quiney must be very unlucky. what is Lynn doing in the ODI squad???

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
So angry still. Cosgrove and Quiney must be very unlucky. what is Lynn doing in the ODI squad???
What is Shaun Marsh not doing in at least one of the squads?

It's not about being unlucky. It's about being over 26. These are deliberate choices to promote a few youngsters who have potential but who haven't achieved anything - in some cases they've only played half a season.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Hmmmm, can't help but agree these guys have been picked just to try them on for size. Very few of the players picked in the 4-day squad are there because they had ripping seasons for their states.

I've heard people mention parallels with the Aus XI side which went to Zimbabwe in '91 and that it gave Warne an opportunity when he wasn't getting picked for Victoria, took 7-fer, the rest is history, blah, etc. but this different. The majority of that squad were picked after great seasons for their Shield sides with only a couple of young blokes picked on potential. These sides look largely bolter to me and the guys who were picked after awesome seasons, I wouldn't have bothered with. Be on the lookout for the inevitable "Winning was always a secondary objective", etc. excuses if they lose too heavily.

Picking Paine is a big pointer that they have him in mind for contingency purposes after Clarke's (inevitable) public meltdown when India hammer them at home next season on the back of a series loss to South Africa a couple of months previous. By then, Haddin will likely have torn something or his form with the bat dropped off (Cam White too) so it'll kill several birds with one stone picking Paine as 'keeper and captain in all forms of the game.

It's almost too easy!

Last edited:

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Got no main issues with Paine, except that Wade is a better keeper and batsman. Paine looks as likely a capataincy candidate than anyone else in that age group, Ferguson I guess too. Problem is that Paine and Ferguson really arent stand out players in FC cricket, they dont exactly have amazing seasons of great form to fall back on when they are out of form, looks like CA have just picked their horse and bet all their cash on it, lets hope it works out.

benchmark00

Still not over no O'Keefers. :@ :@
Is in the OD squad tbf, so they haven't forgotten him completely.

Although I'd personally prefer O'Keefe to play as the premier longer form spinner on this Aus A tour, I think the selectors had to go with Krejza and Beer didn't they?

Beer would've been stiff as a board (Beau Cassonesque) if he wasn't at least given a look in after playing for Australia in the last test, even if he didn't deserve the call up in the first place, and I think Krejza deserves at least one last look in with the longer form stuff seeing as though our pace lineup is alot more 'tidy' than they were when he debuted.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Is in the OD squad tbf, so they haven't forgotten him completely.

Although I'd personally prefer O'Keefe to play as the premier longer form spinner on this Aus A tour, I think the selectors had to go with Krejza and Beer didn't they?

Beer would've been stiff as a board (Beau Cassonesque) if he wasn't at least given a look in after playing for Australia in the last test, even if he didn't deserve the call up in the first place, and I think Krejza deserves at least one last look in with the longer form stuff seeing as though our pace lineup is alot more 'tidy' than they were when he debuted.
Yeah, as discussed on the last page. His One Day record is absymal. At least at this stage of his career, it's not where he should be given higher opportunities.

The selectors have dug themselves into a hole by picking Beer, practically being forced to choose him. Krejza could have been considered unlucky not to be chosen, but SOK's figures give him the clear edge, imo.

Last edited:

Sylvester

State Captain
Hence we need to get rid of these selectors and have a clean slate without having these stupid issues like Beer holding us back.

Spikey

they had no problem with dumping casson and hauritz and to an extent, O'Keefe (given how he was the aus a spinner last time round) so why the **** is it so hard for them to dump beer? he did **** all in the test and he did **** all in the fc games to finish the season. it seems totally ****ing absurd that they're making a stand here. what's going through their heads? "hey if we drop this spinner who had played 4 fc matches and did **** all in them before we picked him people might start losing faith in us" i've got news you for guys.

Last edited:

Spikey

hey remember in the days after the beer selection when Hildtich said beer had been chosen an eye to the World Cup

i'm not on facebook but someone oughta make a "greg chappell is killing australian cricket" page.

Last edited: