• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Life or Death: Mixed team to play Marauding Martians

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sehwag
Tendulkar
Bradman
V. Richards
Tendulkar
Sobers
Gilchrist
Imran
Hadlee
Marshall
Murali

Would be relying on 10 overs from Sobers and the part-timers, but I reckon the others would make up for it. Yeah, Sachin doesn't open in Tests, but he does in ODIs, and if Shane Watson can make the move to opener, Sachin should be able to do it too :p

Would've liked to give Hobbs a go but Sehwag and Tendulkar obviously a bit more proven in the shorter formats.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sehwag
Tendulkar
Bradman
V. Richards
Tendulkar
Sobers
Gilchrist
Imran
Hadlee
Marshall
Murali

Would be relying on 10 overs from Sobers and the part-timers, but I reckon the others would make up for it. Yeah, Sachin doesn't open in Tests, but he does in ODIs, and if Shane Watson can make the move to opener, Sachin should be able to do it too :p

Would've liked to give Hobbs a go but Sehwag and Tendulkar obviously a bit more proven in the shorter formats.
Sachin's so good you're planning to clone him and play both copies? Not sure that would be fair on the opposition... :D

smash84

The Tiger King
Trumper
Sehwag
Bradman
V.Richards
Sangakara (wk)
Sobers
Imran (c)
Hadlee
Akram
Marshall
Warne

Hayden
Greenidge
Lara
G.Chappell
Hammond
A.Flower (wk)
Miller (c)
Botham
Lindwall
Murali
Garner
Surely Tendulkar deserves a place ahead of Sehwag or Greenidge or Hayden?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sachin's so good you're planning to clone him and play both copies? Not sure that would be fair on the opposition... :D
Haha, ****. I knew there was something wrong with the team, was looking at it for ages thinking it looked odd. TBF it's 4:30 am.

Sehwag
Hayden
Bradman
V. Richards
Tendulkar
Sobers
Gilchrist
Imran
Hadlee
Marshall
Murali

Austerlitz

U19 Debutant
So majority of the people think hadlee>mcgrath?Can't agree.:huh:

I'll still go with bowling of mcgrath,marshall,akram,imran and warne with sobers for backup.

Also surprised lillee hasn't made anyone's side while lindwall and miller have.

Gilchrist,bradman,tendulkar,richards,sobers seems to have made the majority of sides though.

Howe_zat

Audio File
So majority of the people think hadlee>mcgrath?Can't agree.:huh:
I think there's not much to choose between them as bowlers - perhaps McGrath slightly ahead - and Hadlee's all-round credentials make him the better pick. If you disagree, fair enough.

Austerlitz

U19 Debutant
I think there's not much to choose between them as bowlers - perhaps McGrath slightly ahead - and Hadlee's all-round credentials make him the better pick. If you disagree, fair enough.
Test agree,odis no way mcgrath can be kept down.

bagapath

International Captain
bagapath : Why Sanga/Flower over Gilly?
Where do I bat Gilly?

If I have to choose a team of players I have seen then it would be:

Sehwag
Hayden
V. Richards
Lara
G. Chappell
Sangakara (wk)
Imran (c)
Hadlee
Akram
Marshall
Warne

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Where do I bat Gilly?

Sehwag
Hayden
V. Richards
Lara
G. Chappell
Sangakara (wk)
Imran (c)
Hadlee
Akram
Marshall
Warne
At No. 7? You're batting Sanga out of position in that team, aren't you? I think Gilly would be a better choice for an ATG team than Sanga.. just adds that extra bit of pure aggression and match-turning impact.

Austerlitz

U19 Debutant
Where do I bat Gilly?

Sehwag
Hayden
V. Richards
Lara
G. Chappell
Sangakara (wk)
Imran (c)
Hadlee
Akram
Marshall
Warne
No bradman,no sobers,no tendulkar...trying too hard to prove a point maybe?:unsure:
Plus 2 of the greatest Ftb's of all time.

bagapath

International Captain
No bradman,no sobers,no tendulkar...trying too hard to prove a point maybe?:unsure:
Plus 2 of the greatest Ftb's of all time.
go back a page or two. you will find bradman and sobers in my first team.

i have no point to prove dude. this is just idle bar talk.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Players I've seen:

Gayle
Hayden/Sehwag (choose on current form, Hayden circa 07 would clinch it though)
Kallis
Tendulkar
Lara
Gilchrist
Pollock
Bond
Steyn
Murali

Gayle is a bit underrated here imo, obviously well and truely a class below in Tests but ODI and T20 are equally important in this and the guy can destroy an attack if it goes right for him in any form of the game. Better T20 opener than any other member of the team.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Barry Richards
Shane Watson
Don Bradman
Sachin Tendulkar
Viv Richards
Steve Waugh
Adam Gilchrist
Wasim Akram
Shane Warne
Ray Lindwall
Dale Steyn

12th Man: Keith Miller

Only real question mark for me is the place of Watson. Only put him in there as he can open in all forms of the game, and with the depth of the batting line-up, consistently getting to 50 then throwing it away (hopefully) wouldn't be an issue. Also assumed he can chip in with 5-6 overs a game, giving you an extra fifth bowling option.

With the Martians playing on dusty surfaces all the time, the swing coming from Wasim, Lindwall and Steyn should cause problems. Warne is Warne, and the fifth bowler would be a combination of Waugh and Watson. Maybe a couple of overs from Viv here and there.

Match to be played at Lord's, prepared as a green top.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Let me think of players who will be good in all formats (and does Sachin count, I don' think he played T20 Is anyways :p )

Just going by what the thread starter said, a team for all 3 formats with players who have played a reasonable number in all 3 formats...

Openers:

Kallis
Sehwag

Middle Order:

Ponting
KP
ABDV
Mussey

Wicket Keeper:

MSD

Spinner:

Warne

Seamers:

McGrath
Steyn
Asif

Team looks like this:

Kallis
Sehwag
Ponting
KP
ABDV
Mussey
Dhoni (c) (wk)
Warne (vc)
Steyn
McGrath
Asif

Tried to fit in Zak but cant leave out any of the othjer 3.

hang on

State Vice-Captain
Just going by what the thread starter said, a team for all 3 formats with players who have played a reasonable number in all 3 formats...
a little confused....i didn't actually say that. but i might be misinterpreting that sentence and not paying enough attention to the comma! just wanted to make sure!

Blaze 18

Banned
1) Brian Lara
2) Sachin Tendulkar
3) Don Bradman
4) Viv Richards
5) Garfield Sobers
6) Adam Gilchrist
7) Imran Khan
8) Wasim Akram
9) Shane Warne
10)Malcolm Marshall