• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Obus Pienaar!

irelandcricket

Cricket Spectator
This guy was in great form at the end on the South African season and he has continued that. He is now overseas professional at Waringstown CC in Northern Ireland and he made his competitive debut for the club yesterday and was in sublime form with the bat. Played a couple of friendlies last week and scored 105 and 75 not out in the matches and scored 73 not out from about 40 balls or so chasing 296. The amazing thing about him is that he does not really play himself in he just goes out and smashes it. He hit I think half a dozen sixes and the same amount of fours. He also opened the bowling and bowled ok. He did not take any wickets but it was a batsman's paradise out there. I can't see him playing too much club cricket overseas after this season though as he will be playing International cricket. He really looks like a classy player and has a great eye.

irelandcricket

Cricket Spectator
Second competitive match and he hit a remarkable 244 of 111 balls including 22 sixes and 13 fours as we racked up a massive 374. unbelievable innings.

SeamUp

International Coach
He used to be a bowling all-rounder but his bowling has fallen off the radar a little and his batting has picked up.

He remarkably scored a 100 and a double hundred at the end of our 4-day season in no time. Didn't quite believe he had the abilities to do that.

Is a former SA U19 international...played under Parnell in the 2008 u19 WC where we reached the final. The following season he dominated England u19's in a series with both bat and ball and won player of the series.

irelandcricket

Cricket Spectator
Jeez sorry. I'm only new to the forum. It says talk everything you have to say about cricket. Well this is something I have to say about cricket. I won't post about an individual if it is totally unacceptable.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
??? I dont get whats wrong with this thread......lots of sarcasm from posters or what??? Odd....

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Jeez sorry. I'm only new to the forum. It says talk everything you have to say about cricket. Well this is something I have to say about cricket. I won't post about an individual if it is totally unacceptable.
I was backing you up mate (sarcastically) against the poster who asked what this had to do with cricket.

I'd not heard of this Pienaar and was interested to read about him.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was backing you up mate (sarcastically) against the poster who asked what this had to do with cricket.

I'd not heard of this Pienaar and was interested to read about him.
Same. Keep posting and ignore the unfriendly remarks. 244 off 111 balls with 22 sixes is pretty sensational and is certainly worthy of discussion.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
Unless he has major issues form or otherwise, I have no doubt he will become an SA international. He was great at u19 level and he did well in his first season in domestic cricket. He'll get the call for sure.

irelandcricket

Cricket Spectator
Last match on Saturday he got 81 from 45 balls on a very uneven surface against Instonians (Belfast club). Tricky wicket where we got 261 (something like that). Next up tomorrow against YMCA (Dublin Club) in the Irish Cup.