• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India's Upcoming Batsman - How do you rate them?

Who will be the Best Test Batsman?

• Total voters

cnerd123

likes this
Pujara 7
Kohli 7
Rohit Sharma 3
Raina 2
Vijay 6
Rahane 5
Mukund 4
Rahul 5
Rayudu 5
Rahane is defo more than a 5. Should be higher than Vijay, Rayudu and Rahul.

I reckon Kohli will be the most memorable of the three, although Pujara will be more consistent and possibly have a better record. Rahane slightly behind them both. The rest a notch below (Althought Rahul has potential)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Rahane has played very few tests right now with a bit of success but not a lot, which is okay for some one starting off. The thing is, I don't like how he plays strokes on balls which are way wide of the off stump. This is a deficiency which is bound to be exploited by people and puts him a notch below Kohli and Pujara atm. Maybe, as he improves, I will put him up higher. This is how it stands for me atm.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He has, tbh. Centuries on his first tour to England and NZ, one of them a match winning effort on a greentop, and an awesome 96 in SA. Nothing to sniff at.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
There is a reason he averages below 40 though. Rahane flatters to deceive more often than not. Till he improves his tendency to hit balls way outside off stump, he will remain average at this level.

OverratedSanity

He's barely played 10 tests. Talking about a promising youngster's average shouldnt be allowed until he's played atleast 25 tests. He's scored virtually all his runs against the 4 best attacks in world cricket right now. That's a sign of enormous potential, not a number as misleading as an average at such an early stage. Rohit averages 44 ffs.

Rahane is lose outside off sometimes, I agree, That hasn't stopped him from scoring runs against the best anyway, so hardly something to worry about right now. If anthing, I think his play against spin is slightly suspect right now, and is more of a concern than his streakiness outside off stump.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Rahane's technique is superb IMO. His temperament is what needs work, he seems to get really skittish at times. Not just outside off, but compulsive hooking as well and his shot selection early on against Lyon in the 1st innings was really weird.

OverratedSanity

Rahane's technique is superb IMO. His temperament is what needs work, he seems to get really skittish at times. Not just outside off, but compulsive hooking as well and his shot selection early on against Lyon in the 1st innings was really weird.
Yeah, agree. Couple of his dismissals against Moeen were pretty annoying too. He feels a lot like Laxman the way he's gone about his runs so far. Some soft dismissals, plays the pull a lot, and often plays loose shots but regularly produces awesome knocks.