• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Swann brags about beating India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duncan Fletcher's India? England can knock them off their perch, says Graeme Swann | Mail Online

lol at swann's overconfidence is no match for indian batsmen who arebest players of spin and indian spinners will destroy english batting on turning tracks at home

he also writes

‘You can take the World Cup out of it because, in England, the Ashes is bigger and always has been. I’d have taken winning the Ashes 3-1 every day of the wheek — even if it meant losing every World Cup game.’

This is the reason why england have never won a 50 world cup because of attitude like this because you pommies think that Cricket starts with ashes and ends with ashes

Hell will freeze and devils will be ice skating the day england win the 50 over world cup

.India have beaten england in england last time in the test series amd . England have never won a test series in India since 1984 under David Gower

We all remember trescothick's depression in the last tour

Why Trescothick shunned Indian tour - Times Of India

And injury list

Vaughan Out of India Tour to Put England Career in Doubt
Harmison Out of India Series

Stomach bugs are synoymous with any english tour to inida

UPDATE 1-Cricket-Strauss, Swann miss practice with stomach bug | Reuters
Cricket-Shahzad latest victim of stomach bug in English camp | Reuters
Broad set to overcome stomach bug - ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 - World - News - ECB

I bet after being bruised and battered with injuries in home test series by sri lanka and india at home , england will field a 2nd String england B squad against india in india led by the joker Swann and he will meet the same fate as Saqlain and will have his ass handed over to him by Sehwag and have his career ended

Last edited:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I doubt you'll find any England fans who would rather win a WC can the Ashes. Such a stupid 'argument' to make against a country.

shankar

International Debutant
‘If it swings around like it did last year and we play the same level of cricket, I think we’re going to give them a very good run for their money, if not beat them,’ said Swann

:-O Such arrogance is simply unheard of!

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Plenty of hate in the opening post. Not justified considering how Swann is the king of playing with the media.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Guys chill, Swann and Flintoff are the only people in the WORLD who understand banter! Hes a lad!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So what the **** does Trescothick's depression have to do with anything? ****ing sick.

Oh and yes, give me the ****ing ashes any day, easy

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If Australia were ranked 37 (give it a few years) I'd still rather have The Ashes

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hope England trounce India so thoroughly that half or more of the latter team never plays again.

Feel so dirty supporting England in a sporting context, but it will be worth it for the angst-ridden lols if it happens.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Duncan Fletcher's India? England can knock them off their perch, says Graeme Swann | Mail Online

lol at swann's overconfidence is no match for indian batsmen who arebest players of spin and indian spinners will destroy english batting on turning tracks at home

he also writes

‘You can take the World Cup out of it because, in England, the Ashes is bigger and always has been. I’d have taken winning the Ashes 3-1 every day of the wheek — even if it meant losing every World Cup game.’

This is the reason why england have never won a 50 world cup because of attitude like this because you pommies think that Cricket starts with ashes and ends with ashes

Hell will freeze and devils will be ice skating the day england win the 50 over world cup

.India have beaten england in england last time in the test series amd . England have never won a test series in India since 1984 under David Gower

We all remember trescothick's depression in the last tour

Why Trescothick shunned Indian tour - Times Of India

And injury list

Vaughan Out of India Tour to Put England Career in Doubt
Harmison Out of India Series

Stomach bugs are synoymous with any english tour to inida

UPDATE 1-Cricket-Strauss, Swann miss practice with stomach bug | Reuters
Cricket-Shahzad latest victim of stomach bug in English camp | Reuters
Broad set to overcome stomach bug - ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 - World - News - ECB

I bet after being bruised and battered with injuries in home test series by sri lanka and india at home , england will field a 2nd String england B squad against india in india led by the joker Swann and he will meet the same fate as Saqlain and will have his ass handed over to him by Sehwag and have his career ended
Quickly, circle the wagons. The whole world is against you.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
My question is, why does it have to be one or the other? Why is it always stated as a choice between the Ashes and the WC? Why can't England go after winning both?

In my honest opinion, that's just an excuse for performing terribly at the WC and in ODIs in general. I understand that for a lot of English fans, a win in the Ashes is more valuable than a win in the WC. And that's understandable. But why does it need to be compared?

West Indies, back in the day, excelled in both Tests and ODIs/WCs. Australia did too. And India, currently, is the number one test team and the World Champs. So why can't England aim for a win in both? I feel it's just a silly way to deviate the attention from a poor WC/ODI record. And even if it isn't, it certainly comes off as such.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My question is, why does it have to be one or the other? Why is it always stated as a choice between the Ashes and the WC? Why can't England go after winning both?

In my honest opinion, that's just an excuse for performing terribly at the WC and in ODIs in general. I understand that for a lot of English fans, a win in the Ashes is more valuable than a win in the WC. And that's understandable. But why does it need to be compared?

West Indies, back in the day, excelled in both Tests and ODIs/WCs. Australia did too. And India, currently, is the number one test team and the World Champs. So why can't England aim for a win in both? I feel it's just a silly way to deviate the attention from a poor WC/ODI record. And even if it isn't, it certainly comes off as such.
Turb, you are right. We should go for both. I don't believe we didn't try. But the Ashes took a lot out of us. This is hopefully addressed in future by the Ashes/WC being in separate seasons.

However, when dealing in hypotheticals, it's a valid comparison. If I HAD to choose, it's a no-contest. What Swann is saying is we achieved our primary aim. I'm glad it was our primary aim.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I hope England trounce India so thoroughly that half or more of the latter team never plays again.

Feel so dirty supporting England in a sorting context, but it will be worth it for the angst-ridden lols if it happens.
If India do happen to win I'll look forward to your over the top "this is a sad day for cricket" post in the tour thread referencing match fixing and other irrelevant stuff.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
A fun weird rant in the OP. And just think: if it weren't for that damn word limit in the YouTube comments section, we at CW might have missed out on it

Burgey

If India do happen to win I'll look forward to your over the top "this is a sad day for cricket" post in the tour thread referencing match fixing and other irrelevant stuff.
Good. You'll get it too.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Turb, you are right. We should go for both. I don't believe we didn't try. But the Ashes took a lot out of us. This is hopefully addressed in future by the Ashes/WC being in separate seasons.

However, when dealing in hypotheticals, it's a valid comparison. If I HAD to choose, it's a no-contest. What Swann is saying is we achieved our primary aim. I'm glad it was our primary aim.
This, beyond any argument

Burgey

I agree with this generally, but the proximity of the WC to the Ashes led, I suppose, to their putting the emphasis on the test series.

Burgey

Don't think we'll win though.

England's series to lose of course :ph34r:
Think it pretty much all revolves around Zaheer tbh. If he actually plays two tests in a row without being injured, India's chances will be bolstered enormously. Otherwise it'll be LOL Sreesanth.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So another thread about England-India huh.

Of course, we don't need a subforum though 8-)

Status
Not open for further replies.