• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Umpires needed for T20 Charity Tournament

Tony Round

Cricket Spectator
I am urgently seeking umpires for a charity Twenty20 Tournament that is being held over 4 weekends in May (7-29th) in The Regent’s Park in London.

There are twelve teams competing with the round robin matches taking place on the weekends of the 7th and 14th, the quarters on the weekend of the 21st and the semis on the weekend of the 28th.

The highlight from our point of view is that Lords have kindly agreed to our booking the Nursery Ground for the final on the afternoon of June 11th.

The competitors are all employed by Cognizant, one of the world’s largest IT outsourcing companies and all are dedicated cricket fans and players but whilst the matches are played in great spirit (this is the 3rd year) and with great good humour throughout, the competition and rivalry between the teams is fierce.

The early round matches are held in both mornings and afternoons but the latter round matches take place solely in the afternoons.

I have a budget to reimburse reasonable travel costs and refreshments and I’d be grateful for any help in recuiting umpires to support our Charity

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Is an air ticket from Toronto to London considered "reasonable travel costs"?

If so, I'll do it. :p

Last edited: