• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cook Vs the WI quartet of the 80s

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Urgh, why the **** does this exist? The Arsenal trophy one had only just lost relevance as well. Feel trolled.
Be funny if he got his next in the first ashes test and followed it up with another before the end of the series.

We all know that when Cook is bad he is pretty awful and when he is in good form he is pretty bloody amazing. His career has shown that and I expect at some stage he will have a good run again. Just want it sooner rather than later

OverratedSanity

i'm not racist because i have many indian friends but i'm concerned by all these indians with three testicles. elaborate?
Spare tire.

I don't have any NZ friends so feel free to call me racist when I say that all you twin-testicled kiwis are far inferior.

Burgey

Atleast when we overrate our players they're undoubtedly ATGs anyway (Tendulkar, etc), but England consistently overrate their decent cricketers to make it seem like they've actually produced some truly great cricketers in the last 30 years.
Except anyone who bowls over 75mph, in which case all of India declares him Malcolm Marshall incarnate.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well many of the Indian religions believe in reincarnation so really this is a religious issue which needs to be taken to the religion thread in Off Topic

Howe_zat

Audio File
I wonder why the 'time since Cook last scored a ton' is stuck to as such a crucial measure by fans, given he scored a 95 four Tests ago.

I suppose these people attach a crucial importance to that third figure, and so would never dream of criticising when international batsmen do the same, such as when delaying a declaration.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
nah its just cos its funny considering the bloke was going to break Sachin's ton records apparently.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
nah its just cos its funny considering the bloke was going to break Sachin's ton records apparently.
You're speaking as if he's retired. He's 30 with no history of injuries. He could well play another 100 Tests.

I don't necessarily think he will but it's nowhere near as ridiculous as you seem to think. And if it ever does happen I shall enjoy digging up your posts.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cook will come good again - he hasn't done a Botham and squandered his talent, and bowling generally isn't, in my opinion, any better than when he started - he just needs a bit of luck - perhaps picking the tosser that is KP again will give him the fillip he needs

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You're right GIMP. I could definitely see him playing another 100 tests... without scoring a ton.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Reckon hating him because some people thought/think he'd break Sachin's records is worse than hose people who hate Djokovic because of stuff his dad said in 2007 or whatever. Despicable.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Jono is commenting as if Cook is the second coming of Kambli tbh. He has had a pretty good career so far really.

OverratedSanity

Reckon hating him because some people thought/think he'd break Sachin's records is worse than hose people who hate Djokovic because of stuff his dad said in 2007 or whatever. Despicable.
Dount anyone hates him for that.

He's just generally pretty unlikeable... whether it's being the fact that he comes off as whiny and defensive when it comes to his press conferences and when asked questions pertaining his captaincy. Has also made a number of daft statements in the media ("something needs to be done about Warne criticising me", Cook vs WI quartet etc). Also his stance on the Buttler mankad incident was ****ing bull****.