• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Cricket Season

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
2 wickets for 10 runs today off 2 overs.

We smashed your guys' 20:20 side last week, Hurricane. They were top of the league and we got 140 and bowled 'em out for 91. Mind you, their top order smoked us last time we played and this time we had them 4 down with only 7 runs on the board.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
We had a crunch game to determine who went and finished top of the table. Just as the game started a cross breeze started - so our bowlers were at completely the wrong ends. One is an inswinger and one is an outswinger. I told the captain to change them around but I didn't insist so it didn't happen. We couldn't get out their opening bat and he scored a ton. He is susceptible to outswingers but due to the breeze we couldn't bowl any to him.

They made 245 off 45 overs and that was about 50 too much for our batting line up's potential (bowling is our strength).

Still the fellow who scored a century is a great guy and we had a couple of brews with him after the game. He is leading the comp in runs.

I got out cheaply to a bowler who got late movement with the two piece ball.

uvelocity

International Coach
closing in on the end of the season, starting to get exicted.

we have won about 8 on the trot I reckon. 2 weeks to go then finals. I need a few wickets to wrap up the bowling award for the team. But I don't care as long as I get a premiership hat!

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Played an enjoyable day of cricket against a team called Northern Park yesterday. We got on quite well with the opposition players and they seemed to have the same level of intensity as us and even used the same calls in the field that we do.

It was the first day of a 2 dayer. I failed in the first dig but I am not out overnight* (over-week). We got a 20 run lead on the 1st inning.

We are ranked 4th out of 8 teams but you can throw a blanket over the 2nd to 4th teams in terms of points. Northern Park are ranked 1st.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Played against that Northern Park bunch a couple of years back. All good guys, except they had one rather rotund left-arm opening bowler who was a bit of a ****rocker.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
He is no longer in the team. Their current left arm opener is a good guy. Although he broke into a swearing fit castigating himself after being pulled for two fours in a row.

Batsman are more placid and have played with plenty of bowlers who wear their heart on their sleeve.

His left armers were interesting in that he moved the ball away from the right hander and not back in.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Played a team with a cheating umpire this week - We had a guy plumb lbw - and one of our guys caught the ball - the umpire refused to give the lbw on the grounds he had hit it. So we claimed the catch.
Then the square leg umpire intervened and insisted he hadn't hit it and the batsman kicked up a fuss saying he hadn't hit it.
He had to go caught.

Truly bizarre.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Played an eventful game against Stokes Valley today. In the end they needed 116 off 16 overs in the final inning. So they went out and gave it a good shake. They were 50 after 6 overs without loss. I was pleased to take the catch that broke the partnership. A couple of wickets later they gave up.

Fun day of cricket.

uvelocity

International Coach
We lost the toss and had to bowl.

I open the bowling, bowl a maiden. Other end goes for 1 run. First ball going for the yorker he leans on it, aerial past midwicket for 4. Next ball nearly chops on. Third ball I attack the stumps, too greedy, goes for 6 to cow corner. A couple of ones to finish a 13 run over.

Brings on the spinner at my end in the 5th over (Naggers). The guy tonking hits a dolly C&B chance, Naggers drops him. First chance.

Other opener bowls the guy who faced the maiden at the start. 1/22

A couple of overs then then its another spinner, our captain, now its spin from both ends. Not sure which over, maybe his second I catch their #3 one handed running straight at the ball from deep backward square at full pelt. A screamer, means **** all now.

The opener is still in, gets dropped, a hard chance at cover off our spinner captain. The score is about 2/60

Naggers off, change bowler on, Nightrider. George takes a low, hard chance in covers. Naggers takes a good chance in gully off Nightrider too - their hated by all, cheating, whinging, annoying, ****wit pom skipper. Our skipper finally gets the tonking opener caught behind for an even 50.

Drinks 5/97 off 18. Anyone's game.

6 & 7 are in and go the tonk after drinks, bowlers are rotated and finally I come back on. 14 off the first over, then 4, then 1, then changed. 0/32 off five ffs.

#7 gets to 50 quick, then I catch him at cow corner off a skied ball from our other opener for 54

Our spinner captain picks up one more, stumped, and I get a bowled in the last over, #6 out for 55. They make 227 off 35. ****.

So anyway we go for it, one opener is caught at midwicket for 3, but the score is on 32. Flogger gets bowled for 33 soon after. Naggers goes in for a tonk, but doesn't come off, in the sheds for 4. 3/48

3/83 off 19 and weather closing in, we are behind the rate, #3 gets out caught and bowled. 4/86

Tommy comes out swinging from the arse, he and NIghtrider get us to parity, Nightrider gets bowled then Tommy gets caught on the fence for 33 and we are 6/147 in the 24th.

At the end of the 24th we are 6/151 needing another 77 from 11 overs. Right in the hunt, umps say it's raining too hard, doesn't stop raining until 8p****ingm. We thought it was scores at each over, but the umps were using a chart. Either way we were behind, and we couldn't have gone any harder with the bat. We lost it in the field. But we are a team of mates, and had a fun year. Just such a shame we don't get a hat.

feel like such a **** for not getting the wickets early. oh well, next year.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I was quite entertained by that. Good stuff. Although you should have been kept on after your first two overs for a chance to redeem yourself. But I guess because it was a final the captain wanted to be decisive.

uvelocity

International Coach
brought the spinner on, and should have had the wicket. good captaincy. I would back myself to get him if I'd have been kept on though. ohwell.