• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Cricket Season

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Started yesterday. Took a wicket with my first ball - caught at midwicket (poor shot, okay delivery) and bowled someone with my last. 2 - 7. Couldn't complain.

They were all out for 95. We were all out for 46, opening with a duck after a ball on driving length didn't get above ankle height. Drove over the top of it and was bowled. Horrible pitch; typical Hutt Valley.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Started yesterday. Took a wicket with my first ball - caught at midwicket (poor shot, okay delivery) and bowled someone with my last. 2 - 7. Couldn't complain.

They were all out for 95. We were all out for 46, opening with a duck after a ball on driving length didn't get above ankle height. Drove over the top of it and was bowled. Horrible pitch; typical Hutt Valley.
Are you in senior 3 this year?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
out for two. I dislike facing spinners to get my innings started as i don't feel ready to slog them right away and in my grade the spinners are so poor that often you have to do just that. So on the grand total of two runs I got a full bunger which I smoked straight to midwicket. And I was on my way.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Just finished a two day match. We got ROLLED for 48 in the first inning. We are playing with a 2 piece as I am sure I have mentioned and it just hooped around in the 1st dig.

We tried hard to save the game in the 2nd dig and batted for 70 overs I made a fighting 27 but some partnership breaker style bowler took 3 wickets at the close to finish off our fight and my vigil.

They knocked off the winning runs at 6:15pm stumps would have been at 6:30pm.

Last year we were competitive with that team - but they have a new player who scored 73* and took 4 wickets in the first inning who has turned them into a difficult team.

Well done Taita.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Doing pretty woeful this season. It is a two piece ball so it is a real battle to make it to 10 runs.

Out for 1 today. My technique against left arm over the wicket was really shown up. If the ball pitches on off stump you basically need to leave it - but it doesn't feel natural to leave it when it pitches there.

Got bowled behind my legs for shuffling toofar across my stumps. In the 2nd dig I took a leg stump guard and opened up my stance and that worked a lot better mind you I just had to last two balls to stumps.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Just to back up my point - about the two piece ball. Our top bowler is averaging 8 with the ball and our second bowler is averaging 11.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Made 56 in the 2nd dig. We won't dwell on the fact the opposition were 14 years old with 4 or 5 adults thrown in. They were old enough to dismiss us for 101 all out last week. So I am claiming this fifty.

Our captain made a very sporting declaration he gave them 49 overs to score 150. In the end we bowled them out with 18 overs to spare.

HeathDavisSpeed

Hurricane asked what 20:20 club cricket is like.

Mixed is the word. Occasionally play with and against former first class cricketers. No huge names, but you can spot the quality.

A decent score at the start of the season is probably 80-ish if you're on grass. This time of year you need to score at least 120.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Do guys try to get their eye in - or do they just go for it right away?

Do you play with fielding restrictions

HeathDavisSpeed

Depends. Fielding rings are not marked, so fielding restrictions are tough to police. Captains usually agree before hand on fielding restrictions and free hits etc.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Got my first match tomorrow after a good 6 months of no cricket. Following that I'll be going to NS so I can expect to play 0 games for the next two years. Dire :(

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Got my first match tomorrow after a good 6 months of no cricket. Following that I'll be going to NS so I can expect to play 0 games for the next two years. Dire :(
Overslept. Got scolded on the phone by my captain. :(.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
27 not out today was there at the end when we scored the winning runs. Season average now 18 (due to 2 not outs) which is roughly what I average every season so all is as it should be (despite the two piece ball).