Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Your Cricket Season

First Class Debutant YorksLanka's Avatar
    didnt play sat in 2nds, set to play on sunday in 2's but the opposition conceded, was then pulled into the 1sts last min due to a dropout and the match was reduced to a bowl out due to the weather... wasnt one of the five bowlers as i am an opening bat...we won though
    "Play Hard but play fair..."

jan
    Our 1st XI beat the 2nd XI by 247 runs on saturday. As YorksLanka above I too ended up playing for the 1st's and got to bowl with 2.5-0-5-1 result...the only one wide is a huge success for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Bun View Post
    Darn, at his age, I didn't know one needed to insert and ejaculate manship in womanship to create childship!
    left-handed batsman, any fastbowler's bunny, grainy low-res streams watcher

whats a bowl out
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Cricket Spectator
    No runs again, but at least I faced a few more balls this time. And a wicket! 10 runs off 4 overs - very annoyingly 5 of the runs were wides. Definitely something to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    whats a bowl out
    In our cup,because no play was possible,five bowlers get one ball each and the team that hits the stumps most wins.. Pretty rubbish way to decide a cup tie IMO but that's the way it is in my league due to fixture congestion apparently..

thought it might have been. what a waste of time. not cricket thats for sure

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    thought it might have been. what a waste of time. not cricket thats for sure
    I agree, but I don't like penalty shoot-outs in football either. Personally I favour the dance-off.

Agree with you both, as per my original post but having two cups and a T20 comp doesn't leave much time for replays. I think we will have double weekends for the next three weeks...

jan
    Are you seriously complaining that you are going to play 6 games in three weeks?

we have a novel system of shared points

jan
    Scored 2 runs as opener and took 2 wickets in the last over in a friendly t20 on sunday. Following league match was rained off.
    A local TV station came over to our ground to shoot some documentary about sports and interviewed two teammates and me. Yesterday at the time of the evening news I got several phonecalls from friends and family asking if it was me on TV. Enjoying my 10 seconds of fame

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    Scored 2 runs as opener and took 2 wickets in the last over in a friendly t20 on sunday. Following league match was rained off.
    A local TV station came over to our ground to shoot some documentary about sports and interviewed two teammates and me. Yesterday at the time of the evening news I got several phonecalls from friends and family asking if it was me on TV. Enjoying my 10 seconds of fame
    That's great congrats on your time in the sun.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Our 1sts yesterday - Plymouth CC - Site lool

I, however, got rolled for 93 yesterday after 37/1 off 6 became 37/4 off 10 and got worse from there. 14 wickets lost on the day, 11 bowleds and 1 lbw which hit the deck and rolled. Was a hideous, hideous pitch.
    Last edited by Marcuss; 27-07-2014 at 05:54 AM.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    In six matches this season I've played on two decent pitches and got out early opening. Managed to actually get in on all the dog tracks but you just can't cash in the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

I've had 5 innings. 27 batting at 3 on a dog wicket, 26 opening on a dog wicket, 12 opening on a road where I got the only ball to misbehave all day, 0(2) at 6 when I kicked away a straight one on a good deck and then yesterday 4 batting 7 on a pitch that was borderline dangerous.

I'm feeling really good in defense and playing nice and straight, compact and looking quite good. But walking off and being told "you were looking really good, didn't look like getting out - swore you scored more than that" is just so so frustrating.

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread Information