• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Cricket Season

jan

State Vice-Captain
We lost yesterday but it was the first time the 2nd XI played in the 40-over league.
Bowling first on awfully cold and windy day we let the oppo reach 262 (one hundred included) for 8. Then we were 174 all out in 37 overs. I batted at no.11 facing five or so ball and was not out.

Our club has got 6 new guys this season which means even the 2nd XI is getting crowded. Good for the club but not so good for me because literally anybody plays better than me. At this rate Im going to have to start a 3rd (non-suncontinental) XI to get games regularly :)

Sean Flynn

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Won yesterday. We 'smashed' 162 in our 40 overs. Bowled oppo out for 74. Pleased with my figures of 8-1-6-4 on a very slow pitch.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
But even if you went for one single an over there would still have been two overs without a run, surely?

Sean Flynn

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Probably your right - I was just stretching my mind to penalty deductions for running on the pitch but I don't think those get deducted from the bowling figures.
The scorers have stuffed up in my opinion. Probably more like 4 for 8 or 4 for 9.

MCC111

Cricket Spectator
Second match of the season this weekend - hopefully I'll score some runs this time. Has anyone here heard of a "golden goose"?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Second match of the season this weekend - hopefully I'll score some runs this time. Has anyone here heard of a "golden goose"?
no. There was a debate in my team as to whether I scored a royal pair last season. I scored two goldens in a two day game - I said it wasn't as I wasn't opening.

MCC111

Cricket Spectator
The golden goose was taken from wiki with no references so not sure how true it is. Opened, we batted first, first ball of the season. I couldn't help but laugh as it happened - hugely looking forward to knocking a few about and I did something monumentally silly.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
didnt play sat in 2nds, set to play on sunday in 2's but the opposition conceded, was then pulled into the 1sts last min due to a dropout and the match was reduced to a bowl out due to the weather... wasnt one of the five bowlers as i am an opening bat...we won though:D

jan

State Vice-Captain
Our 1st XI beat the 2nd XI by 247 runs on saturday. As YorksLanka above I too ended up playing for the 1st's and got to bowl with 2.5-0-5-1 result...the only one wide is a huge success for me :D

MCC111

Cricket Spectator
No runs again, but at least I faced a few more balls this time. And a wicket! 10 runs off 4 overs - very annoyingly 5 of the runs were wides. Definitely something to work on.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
whats a bowl out
In our cup,because no play was possible,five bowlers get one ball each and the team that hits the stumps most wins.. Pretty rubbish way to decide a cup tie IMO but that's the way it is in my league due to fixture congestion apparently..