• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Cricket Season

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
We were 4/13 at one point this morning, could see a grand final birth slipping away, but the captain made 80 and we ended up putting 165 on the board, can definitely defend that with our bowling and their batting

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Got a golden duck.

I should have had throw downs as I just didn't move my feet well to the first ball. Diving one handed catch by slip mind you.

Still we are into the one day final against Heef's club.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
a) I don't think he will play unless they are short
b) he would probably get me out as he used to play a higher grade of cricket. Mind you he will be rusty so who knows.
BTW Heef's club very generously offered to provide their own home umpires to officiate the whole the game. We sensibly said no and we are getting in some professional umpires for the game.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still we are into the one day final against Heef's club.
Is that Sam Ross's team you're playing against?

I don't even bowl these days, so I'm ****ing useless unless you need an extra fielder. That said, I have filled in for that team a couple of times in recent years. Nearly got the call to fill in for the seconds today, told them to **** right off and let the youngsters do the hard work.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Got my 1st wicket of the season, clean bowled. The first league match for our 2nd XI is on sunday, excited! :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Let's just say that Britwell have a lot more to worry about than the boundary. I didn't think it was possible for our 2nd XI to beat a team by 10 wickets but apparently it is.

It seems like 90% of the wickets in the county are hideously slow and horribly tough to bat on. We were bowled out for 99 today in 41 overs (my contribution being a 17-ball 1, which ended with an inswinging yorker - although the fact that I was batting out of my crease to try dealing with the wicket probably didn't help). This then proved ample as Oxenford collapsed from 41/2 to 84 all out in 44 overs. I kept pretty well for a first game of the season, with only two byes and two catches - one outside edge that kicked off the collapse and one top-edged skier that ended proceedings. I was also convinced I had another but despite the noise I didn't get it!

Sean Flynn

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Let's just say that Britwell have a lot more to worry about than the boundary. I didn't think it was possible for our 2nd XI to beat a team by 10 wickets but apparently it is.

It seems like 90% of the wickets in the county are hideously slow and horribly tough to bat on. We were bowled out for 99 today in 41 overs (my contribution being a 17-ball 1, which ended with an inswinging yorker - although the fact that I was batting out of my crease to try dealing with the wicket probably didn't help). This then proved ample as Oxenford collapsed from 41/2 to 84 all out in 44 overs. I kept pretty well for a first game of the season, with only two byes and two catches - one outside edge that kicked off the collapse and one top-edged skier that ended proceedings. I was also convinced I had another but despite the noise I didn't get it!

Yes, the first wicket i played on last week was VERY slow. Slow turn but you had to bowl very full or else the batsman just pulled everything. I even watched my mate play at Radlett yesterday who bowled them out for 88 and then Radlett were shot out for 45!!

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Worst thing the ecb have done this winter is changing over the play-cricket website. Worked perfectly fine and well and change it over and it's down saturday night and sunday morning.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
double weekend for us this weekend in the 2nd's- won yest in league after having opposition at 8-8, we started messing around and they got to 42 which we knocked off having lost four wickets and beat the top team in our divison in the cup today..1&19for me so getting better as the weekend went on but long way to go yet...still main thing is 1sts, 2nds,3rds and u13's won this weekend :D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Worst thing the ecb have done this winter is changing over the play-cricket website. Worked perfectly fine and well and change it over and it's down saturday night and sunday morning.
I'm getting used to the new Play-Cricket slowly. Still not totally sold, mind.

First tie of the season today - U10 County v U11 District XI - 136 all after 40 overs, and a 39-run last stand from the Districts which ought to have won it but for a one-short off the penultimate ball of the final over...