• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Cricket Season

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
My season scores so far: 2 & 0, 1, 5 & 1*, 0, 16, 9, 0, 29*, 15.

The 1* came off 45 deliveries, blocking to avoid an outright loss. 29* was a bat-through-the-innings knock as we chased down 101 in 30 overs. Been feeling pretty good at the crease in the latter half, despite the still-mediocre returns, but I just don't have the power to force the pace and hit through the field. Something to work on over the next few months.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Rubbish season so far:

38, 5, 14, 1, 24, 10, 26, 23.

141 runs at 17.62

5 catches and 1 stumping.

My only saving grace is that I've managed to see off the new ball more times than not and our team has typically put on 200+ scores.

uvelocity

International Coach
played in a t20 tourney over christmas. i put in a team of mostly players from my saturday team, with a couple of guys from higher grades who couldnt get a gig to make up the numbers. we play in lower grades on syntho and are either old and unfit or some of the guys have never played higher grades of cricket. so this tourney was for 20k prizemoney and as such there were some fairly handy cricketers playing, the best of them probably andrew robinson,

had a great time playing on turf in pyjamas in front of some small crowds. we came close on the first day, against our first opponent we conceded a few too many runs on a slow deck, but batted admirably without ever looking like getting there, but then had to back up 2 hours later and play another game. old bodies do not like this. bowled that team out under par, but with the deck getting even slower, couldn't find the boundary enough and fell about 15 runs short 9 down. both of those 2 teams made the semis.

then we had to back up again the next day for another game. this game was on a postage stamp on a good wicket for t20, not much bounce, fairly quick and nothing sideways. long story short both of their openers got 90 odd and we were put to the sword. one of the guys dropped one of them too. a real shame as their bowling attack was poo, if we'd taken a couple of early wickets could have had a chance.

after those 3 games we were dropping like flies, groin injuries, hammies, broken fingers and blokes who couldnt tell you where they were sore because everything was. got pumped in the last game too, but for a bunch of old fat lower grade cricketers we did alright. playing against shield and country rep players, we had blokes going out with no helmets playing with heaps of balls against stuff 120-130k's, batsman with no respect coming down the pitch and being stumped by about 3 metres. couldnt explain just how hard it is to back up playing multiple t20s with no rest days especially as we dont train or really exercise at all. cant wait to go back to z grade lol.

Mark68

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
My season was successful after switching from bowling rubbish leg-spin on slow wickets to off-spin. I ended up with around 40 wickets average of only 7 point something. Not competitive cricket. No catches. Handful of runs.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Scored a flukey 64, should have been out lbw for 8 but the umpire's view was blocked so he didn't give it. My first 50 in two years. One player had a hissy fit after the lbw wasn't given and it got unpleasant for a while.

uvelocity

International Coach
had a tie. first time ive ever had a tie. our 11 got out for a golden with the scores tied in the last over

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Scored 82* yesterday - probably did it off seventy something deliveries. My mate reckons I could have been even faster as I was patting back deliveries on middle stump back to the bowler early doors. I don't like attacking those balls as you can get out lb if you are not careful. I am happy with the knock just wished I had more overs and could have tonned up.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Anyone started netting yet in the UK?

Just about got through two or three sessions myself and starting to regain some cricket specific fitness.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I started this season in the fourths, struggling to make runs, and now with the last game before finals I'm playing in the seconds, and I topscored last week and second topscored the week before, so I'm pretty happy with how my batting has progressed this year, particularly mid-season when I made the switch from hard wicket to turf pitches.

Meridio

International Regular
Anyone started netting yet in the UK?

Just about got through two or three sessions myself and starting to regain some cricket specific fitness.
Yeah, started about four weeks ago though I'm generally missing them because I have other commitments at the moment. Been to one, felt a bit rusty, was not picking up length well at all, but overall not too bad for a first hitout. Shoulder took about five days to recover from bowling all of about two overs too.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Scored 83 today. There were 3 overs to go at the end and I had to get sloggy to bring up the ton and got clean bowled. Will bring up that ton one day. I was lucky to get to 83 as I got dropped 3 times 2 of them were quite easy.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Playing a semi final and we have 12 overs to bat then we have to defend whatever we score in 72 overs, currently 7-136, I made 39. Nice Uvo

uvelocity

International Coach
have done before. but blokes are getting too old, wives, kids, jobs you cant just not turn up to, so we got on the piss but not for days like we used to.

anyway i couldnt, i ****ed up dates and double booked the weekend. was down at the grand prix, flew back for the gf and then flew back down sat night. running on empty now though, up at 3:30 my time to get on a plane to get back up here and go to work. more flights than the wright brothers