Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Your Cricket Season: 2012-2013

grand final today
    "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts.. . For support rather than illumination. " - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

I'm craving a hit so bad. So so bad.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Played an eventful game against Stokes Valley today. In the end they needed 116 off 16 overs in the final inning. So they went out and gave it a good shake. They were 50 after 6 overs without loss. I was pleased to take the catch that broke the partnership. A couple of wickets later they gave up.

Fun day of cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

lost

what happened?

We lost the toss and had to bowl.

I open the bowling, bowl a maiden. Other end goes for 1 run. First ball going for the yorker he leans on it, aerial past midwicket for 4. Next ball nearly chops on. Third ball I attack the stumps, too greedy, goes for 6 to cow corner. A couple of ones to finish a 13 run over.

Brings on the spinner at my end in the 5th over (Naggers). The guy tonking hits a dolly C&B chance, Naggers drops him. First chance.

Other opener bowls the guy who faced the maiden at the start. 1/22

A couple of overs then then its another spinner, our captain, now its spin from both ends. Not sure which over, maybe his second I catch their #3 one handed running straight at the ball from deep backward square at full pelt. A screamer, means **** all now.

The opener is still in, gets dropped, a hard chance at cover off our spinner captain. The score is about 2/60

Naggers off, change bowler on, Nightrider. George takes a low, hard chance in covers. Naggers takes a good chance in gully off Nightrider too - their hated by all, cheating, whinging, annoying, ****wit pom skipper. Our skipper finally gets the tonking opener caught behind for an even 50.

Drinks 5/97 off 18. Anyone's game.

6 & 7 are in and go the tonk after drinks, bowlers are rotated and finally I come back on. 14 off the first over, then 4, then 1, then changed. 0/32 off five ffs.

#7 gets to 50 quick, then I catch him at cow corner off a skied ball from our other opener for 54

Our spinner captain picks up one more, stumped, and I get a bowled in the last over, #6 out for 55. They make 227 off 35. ****.

So anyway we go for it, one opener is caught at midwicket for 3, but the score is on 32. Flogger gets bowled for 33 soon after. Naggers goes in for a tonk, but doesn't come off, in the sheds for 4. 3/48

3/83 off 19 and weather closing in, we are behind the rate, #3 gets out caught and bowled. 4/86

Tommy comes out swinging from the arse, he and NIghtrider get us to parity, Nightrider gets bowled then Tommy gets caught on the fence for 33 and we are 6/147 in the 24th.

At the end of the 24th we are 6/151 needing another 77 from 11 overs. Right in the hunt, umps say it's raining too hard, doesn't stop raining until 8p****ingm. We thought it was scores at each over, but the umps were using a chart. Either way we were behind, and we couldn't have gone any harder with the bat. We lost it in the field. But we are a team of mates, and had a fun year. Just such a shame we don't get a hat.

feel like such a **** for not getting the wickets early. oh well, next year.
    Last edited by uvelocity; 17-03-2012 at 05:22 PM.

I was quite entertained by that. Good stuff. Although you should have been kept on after your first two overs for a chance to redeem yourself. But I guess because it was a final the captain wanted to be decisive.

brought the spinner on, and should have had the wicket. good captaincy. I would back myself to get him if I'd have been kept on though. ohwell.

I took 21 @ 15 striking at under 25 for my 2011/12 season.

that's pretty good stephen, what type of bowler are you?

just checked mine,
    O..........M........R........W.......BB........Avg ......SR.........Econ
    101.3.....15.......389.....31......5/11......12.55....19.65......3.83

Had some poor innings towards the end of the season. Going into the last inning I needed 25 to make just 200 runs for the season. And since joining men's cricket I have always made at least 200. Unfortunately for me but fortunately for the team our batsman got the score to 125 for 2 chasing 151 before I went in.
    I hit a quick fire 22 not out and finished with 197.

Some talk that our hutt valley 2a league may get amalgamated into wellington cricket as even Hutt Districts didn't enter a team this year.

Went to prize giving tonight. Had a good yarn Heef with one of the bowlers from our winning 2020 team in the Hutt competition. Answered all my questions how the game works and how to bat in it. I don't think I would enjoy it. But he likes it especially since he is a family man. He told me that we have 4 former pearce cup players in our team. They are just a bit older now.
    Last edited by Hurricane; 31-03-2012 at 10:31 AM.

After 2 facial reconstruction surgeries and dodging the Reaper at the beginning of November, I am playing my fist game of cricket this weekend.

As a proud Anglo-American who changes allegiances at the drop of the hat, I am playing for the Kiwis in the annual Philippines ANZAC Test.

Cross your fingers that lightening doesnt strike twice.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Haha, good luck. Nice to see you again Goughers

Good luck mate. I played my first practice game of the season, I came in at 7 and probably lasted around 20 deliveries whilst only scoring 1 run. Seeing as it was my first competitive match, they decided to give me a bowl when the match looked lost. My second ball was a bouncer which earnt a wicket from a miscued hook, third ball was clearly edged to the keeper but not given. Second over, the keeper dropped a catch- I then get punished by getting carted for consecutive sixes. Finished off with a maiden, unfortunately we couldn't get their last couple of batsmen out and they won by a wicket.
    Oh for a strong arm and a walking stick

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information