Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Your Cricket Season: 2012-2013

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Do guys try to get their eye in - or do they just go for it right away?

Do you play with fielding restrictions
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Depends. Fielding rings are not marked, so fielding restrictions are tough to police. Captains usually agree before hand on fielding restrictions and free hits etc.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Got my first match tomorrow after a good 6 months of no cricket. Following that I'll be going to NS so I can expect to play 0 games for the next two years. Dire

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Got my first match tomorrow after a good 6 months of no cricket. Following that I'll be going to NS so I can expect to play 0 games for the next two years. Dire
    Overslept. Got scolded on the phone by my captain. .

27 not out today was there at the end when we scored the winning runs. Season average now 18 (due to 2 not outs) which is roughly what I average every season so all is as it should be (despite the two piece ball).

2 wickets for 10 runs today off 2 overs.

We smashed your guys' 20:20 side last week, Hurricane. They were top of the league and we got 140 and bowled 'em out for 91. Mind you, their top order smoked us last time we played and this time we had them 4 down with only 7 runs on the board.

Good stuff.

nunfa

**** you

but a bootlaces catch near square leg ump from deep midwicket ****s. and we won.
    "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts.. . For support rather than illumination. " - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

We had a crunch game to determine who went and finished top of the table. Just as the game started a cross breeze started - so our bowlers were at completely the wrong ends. One is an inswinger and one is an outswinger. I told the captain to change them around but I didn't insist so it didn't happen. We couldn't get out their opening bat and he scored a ton. He is susceptible to outswingers but due to the breeze we couldn't bowl any to him.

They made 245 off 45 overs and that was about 50 too much for our batting line up's potential (bowling is our strength).

Still the fellow who scored a century is a great guy and we had a couple of brews with him after the game. He is leading the comp in runs.

I got out cheaply to a bowler who got late movement with the two piece ball.

closing in on the end of the season, starting to get exicted.

we have won about 8 on the trot I reckon. 2 weeks to go then finals. I need a few wickets to wrap up the bowling award for the team. But I don't care as long as I get a premiership hat!

Played an enjoyable day of cricket against a team called Northern Park yesterday. We got on quite well with the opposition players and they seemed to have the same level of intensity as us and even used the same calls in the field that we do.

It was the first day of a 2 dayer. I failed in the first dig but I am not out overnight* (over-week). We got a 20 run lead on the 1st inning.

We are ranked 4th out of 8 teams but you can throw a blanket over the 2nd to 4th teams in terms of points. Northern Park are ranked 1st.

Played against that Northern Park bunch a couple of years back. All good guys, except they had one rather rotund left-arm opening bowler who was a bit of a cockrocker.

He is no longer in the team. Their current left arm opener is a good guy. Although he broke into a swearing fit castigating himself after being pulled for two fours in a row.

Batsman are more placid and have played with plenty of bowlers who wear their heart on their sleeve.

His left armers were interesting in that he moved the ball away from the right hander and not back in.

Rolled em and got em bring on the granny next week

Played a team with a cheating umpire this week - We had a guy plumb lbw - and one of our guys caught the ball - the umpire refused to give the lbw on the grounds he had hit it. So we claimed the catch.
    Then the square leg umpire intervened and insisted he hadn't hit it and the batsman kicked up a fuss saying he hadn't hit it.
    He had to go caught.

Truly bizarre.

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information