Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Your Cricket Season: 2012-2013

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Indeed if you don't pick up at least one 5fer each season you are doing something wrong. One of our blokes took a 5fer in 2.2 overs which made a farce out of 5fers as well.

This last year was better however as we qualified for a better grade so there were less free wickets on offer.

It is especially tough batting against the two piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

yeah i dont even get that many 5fers as after the first couple they shut up shop often, and as i said i don't beat too many for pace. so a lot of 3/20's and the like (12 in edges through slips probably)
    "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts.. . For support rather than illumination. " - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

jan
    Number 4 at St.James, duck. Lost.
    Number 11 at West Chiltington, 0 not out. Lost.
    Didnt bat at Hailsham. Lost.
    Number 2 at Rottingdean, 1 run (which was leg bye honestly) - most enjoyable because I batted long by my standards, 15 overs imo. Draw.
    Watched the FL T20 quarter-finals in Southampton.

Brilliant tour of the Brighton area. Great facilities, nice people and valuable experience for me
    Goughy likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bun View Post
    Darn, at his age, I didn't know one needed to insert and ejaculate manship in womanship to create childship!
    aspiring social cricket player, left-handed batsman, grainy low-res streams watcher

Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    Number 4 at St.James, duck. Lost.
    Number 11 at West Chiltington, 0 not out. Lost.
    Didnt bat at Hailsham. Lost.
    Number 2 at Rottingdean, 1 run (which was leg bye honestly) - most enjoyable because I batted long by my standards, 15 overs imo. Draw.
    Watched the FL T20 quarter-finals in Southampton.

Brilliant tour of the Brighton area. Great facilities, nice people and valuable experience for me
    Probably one of my favourite posts on the forum. No ego, very positive and love of cricket. You deserve some runs in the future and the cricket Gods should smile on you because of this post
    Last edited by Goughy; 11-08-2013 at 05:33 AM.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    That is remarkably similar to my first ever overseas tour with the school team jan. Even the leg bye

International Vice-Captain Maximas's Avatar
    went in for my first session of pre-season, bowled OK, not to much flight and low on the revs, but landing my offies OK, batting wise I was solid and compact, but pretty loose outside off stump, barely laid bat on anything off the stumps.
    Proudly supporting the world's no 1 spin bowler Rangana Herath and the mighty Sri Lankans!

I even made a domestic thread

School Boy/Girl Cricketer J_asonR's Avatar

A Successful Season

I've only just recovered from a big weekend of celebratory cricket!

On Saturday, my first XI team needed 22/24 to secure promotion and we did it. We managed to secure a 23 point win after bowling out the opponents for 136 and knocking off the runs whilst only losing 3 wickets.

Looking forward to a better standard of cricket next summer and a big winter of serious training!

I'm personally looking to be in the top 3 next year and will need to get some serious training/fitness work done over the winter to allow for this. Will also be taking my mate (fastest bowler in the league) down to the indoor nets to get some serious practice against the faster bowlers.

Hopefully all goes well and looking forward to a season in the Hampshire County Division 2 next Summer!
    The English South African.

Batting is simple (3W's):
    Watch it
    Wait for it
    WHACK IT!

yep one there! he's old and fat and bald!

****!

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Forgot the lube by the looks of it.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

well we did shove it up them

worst result of the season to date with a washout. on the piss

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    We were set 130 to win off 27 overs in a two day match. I told the captain to put me down the order and I said I would dunny door it if we lost wickets. I walked out at 50-5. The captain was batting with me and didn't want to throw in the towel. he pumped some fours and when he got out we need 50 to win off 7 overs. The incoming batsman told me it was up to me to pump it and he would work singles. They thought they had it in the bag so they brought on some inswing bowler who I pumped for 12. We smacked some more and needed 7 off the last over. He bowled me a full delivery and i tried to hit a boundary and skied it. Our supporting batsman then hit a four but got bowled off the last ball. We made 129 instead of 130 and I am gutted we got so close but couldn't win it. Match ended as an eventful draw.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    That's a lot of pumping going on there
    Hurricane likes this.

U19 Cricketer
    Made 54 today and we only set a target of 114 for them to win. Got one wicket should of had two, the guy who got dropped ending up getting 66 runs, he got dropped on 4. They were 8 wickets down in the end so that one guy made a hell of a difference. Dirty slogger..

U19 12th Man
    a really good season, 440 runs on a saturday at just over 40. including 3 fifties in june. my best ever season on a saturday aged 48, 13 wkts with my right arm slow, wont say spin, lol. plus we won the saturday league we play in by 2 points and i got to lift the trophy been captain.https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1978250&type=1
    Last edited by lockton2skipper; 21-12-2013 at 05:58 AM.

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread Information