• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Cricket Season

uvelocity

International Coach
yeah skip, yeah such a random background. cracks me up. still blind, 1st grade lost their semi in a tight one today - sole premiers at the club

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
27.7. Batsman leaving his wicket under a misapprehension
An umpire shall intervene if satisfied that a batsman, not having been given out, has left his wicket under a misapprehension that he is out. The umpire intervening shall call and signal Dead ball to prevent any further action by the fielding side and shall recall the batsman.

Kid skewed it to cover (I was standing at point - LHB and couldn't be bothered to swap sides); fielder looked like he caught it diving forwards, team mates celebrate, batsman started walking off towards pavilion. Turned out fielder hadn't caught it, and it basically rolled down his front and out through his legs, dropping onto the floor behind him. Knowing this rule, I called "dead ball" before any arguments about run-outs could happen.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Sunningwell 212-5 (Pickup 69)
Hanborough 214-5

It's only taken me 27 years. Six or seven fours, I think, plus a bizarre baseball shot of a flat-batted six over long on. It still proved to be hugely insufficient, as the opposition (who've switched from D7 of the much stronger Cherwell league to D10 of the OCA, got it with nine overs to spare.

Now I no longer have to endure the frustration of watching the U11s I coach get maiden fifties before me.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
rained off for the day. got the one sunny day of the year outta the way the previous week. roll on the good times!

jan

State Vice-Captain
Was about to play first match of the season today but it got cancelled because our groundsman is sick and couldnt get the ground ready. Perhaps in June I may play some cricket...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Dorchester II 79 all out; Sunningwell II 80-5 (36 overs)

Turgid doesn't even begin to cover it. Five of the 15 wickets were caught and bowled: you couldn't play anything with any degree of confidence. I made 18 off 24 overs before becoming the fifth of the aforementioned c&b victims, four balls from seeing off the openers and being able to cash in on first change buffet and a red-inker. Still, win's a win and we're not bottom.