• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Cricket Season

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Bowled out for 65 thanks to some piss-poor umpiring. Another duck for me, despite seeing it quite before getting a damn good ball.

Respond by skittling them for 24, 7 bowleds and 2 pathetic lbws. Opener took 6/12.

uvelocity

International Coach
won the toss and bowled for only the second time this season (first time to send them in) - for percentage reasons tbh. got 3/12 myself up front which was good

old mate at the other end returned 7-6-1-1 ha! and the 1 run was a french cut off his last over. would have been amazing.

we passed them 3 down after sending the two lads who get short shrift in to open the batting. good for our season, pretty much guarantee finals now.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bowled out for 65 thanks to some piss-poor umpiring. Another duck for me, despite seeing it quite before getting a damn good ball.

Respond by skittling them for 24, 7 bowleds and 2 pathetic lbws. Opener took 6/12.
Should've enforced the follow on.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
The team was counting on me. Made my way to 14 and then got out in a freakish fashion that I won't go into. The team lost but only just. They needed 164 runs in 24 overs and they just smacked their way to the total with 3 balls to spare.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Had a couple of pre season nets after missing the last year and a half through injuries. Pretty embarrassing stuff. Gone from one of the better players to one of the ****test. Seemed to have picked up a pretty big technical problem against left arm over bowlers. Got tendonitis of the knee and elbow also just to rub it in. fml.

uvelocity

International Coach
washout. :@ finished 4th for the season, we should have finished top, dropped a couple of games we shouldn't have. very close ladder, only 2 wins seperate 1st and 5th. semi's next week - better not rain any more. *prays*

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
My weird season continues. After a freak dismissal last week this week I hit the ball back to the bowler on the full. And started walking off while the fielding team started talking in hushed tones. Then the square leg umpire told me it looked like a bump ball and that I shouldn't have walked but added it was too late to do anything about it now.

Team gave me crap for walking and the umpires said they weren't certain enough to call me back but wouldn't have given me if I had've stood my ground.

Apparently the fielding team made jokes about it afterwards. Lets get the next guy out bump ball as well.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
We needed 121 off 32 overs and our top 4 batsman polished it off no problem. I was number 5 so didn't bat.

Took a good gully catch though.

uvelocity

International Coach
semi final. lost the toss wtf

they sent us in, i would have bowled given the chance. in trouble early and scraped to a below par 10/130 from 34.4 - uvelocity out last bowled middle stump for a golden

took a few poles luckily and rolled em for 81. bewdy.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Currently in sloth mode moving around slowly and carefully with lower back pain while season's start is approaching :(

But going to tour Sussex with my club in August, excited! :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Had an interesting week: fantastic net against the machine at school, shocking net with my club (pretty sure I wasn't watching the ball closely enough: timing was shot to ****), and a job interview with the ECB for national Coach Development Manager.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow that is quite something.

Going to start playing cricket for the first time in about 6 years this summer, I really am going to be terrible.