• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Cricket Season

jan

State Vice-Captain
A notice "New fixtures calendar for 2013 coming soon" appeared on our club's website. Cant wait for the new season to start...two months still :)

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
45 over one dayer today. Made 35 not out with the bat, and me and another guy put on 80 for the 4th wicket (he was 40 not out). We had a bit of troppo fun at the end. The team made 260 from our 45 overs. I'm batting ok at the moment, seeing it easily, and I've stopped falling over my stumps and going out LBW.

Bowled my allocation of 9 overs for only 14 runs. No wickets. They batted their overs out, but in the end they could only get to 150ish.

Had that situation where they had a young dude batting (17 or 18) and he could not score. So we tried not to get him out. We probably bowled 5 maidens to him.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Finished a coaching session tonight feeling tremendously good about cricket. It was with a group of players we've been working with for some time (U11 now) and was one where we picked out some little, subtle technical intricacies with several of them that really made a difference to how they were hitting the ball. Two things were great - the progress they made and their attitudes toward it all. Joy to coach it.

Next week we are doing a wicketkeeping master class with the County/District U13 and below. I have a bunch of drills and ideas in my mind, but has anyone got any favourites?
Did part one of the masterclass today. Can feel my thighs stiffening up as I type but that was probably the best day's coaching I've done in my life, period. Real hard work, focus, persistence, practice and progress from all the boys.

Thoroughly looking forward to day two!

khodder

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Had a good win weekend just gone; Previous weekend we were all out for 93 chasing 130, main destroyer was Trent Boult playing one game of club cricket between the South African and English series. 8/37ish killed us really.

T20's coming up this weekend with rep duty for the Bay.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You've probably played against another member on here - Howsie - I think he plays for Waikato Valley or something. I'm sure he'll elaborate.

khodder

You've probably played against another member on here - Howsie - I think he plays for Waikato Valley or something. I'm sure he'll elaborate.
Na I'm not good enough to make those rep sides, just a lowly opening bat in the Baywide Comps. Looking forward to the T20's though, always good to just throw some willow at the ball.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Na I'm not good enough to make those rep sides, just a lowly opening bat in the Baywide Comps. Looking forward to the T20's though, always good to just throw some willow at the ball.
Ah. Fair enough - misread your previous post then!

Anyway, welcome to the board. Always good to have more Kiwi members around!

khodder

Ah. Fair enough - misread your previous post then!

Anyway, welcome to the board. Always good to have more Kiwi members around!
Yeah when I read it back sounded like I was going to be playing T20's for the Bay, but they decided a couple of years ago to play T20 cricket when the top players were unavailable to make sure that the Baywide Competitions had full strength sides most of the time. Hawke cup has messed with it this season though.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
18 off 45 balls. First time someone has counted my balls. SR of 40 sounds about right for me in a two day match.

We were 153 all out

They are 160-8 at stumps.

I hope they declare over night so we can set them a target.

They have been batting at 5 an over so it will be a run rate of 6 per over I would think for the target.

uvelocity

International Coach
****ing went from clear first to fifth and out of the finals with a loss bye and loss

didnt score enough runs again, I got a golden skied to cover off the last over. took a couple but couldn't win it. we almost got em, they passed us 8 down. last 2 games are must win and hope something goes our way. such a tight ladder. playing angry music pissed as ****

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
18 off 45 balls. First time someone has counted my balls. SR of 40 sounds about right for me in a two day .
I don't want to sound Boycottian but does anyone else count their balls and occasionally have disagreements with the scorer?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yeah, utterly unable to count to six when umpiring without digital / geological assistance, so counting balls when batting is never going to happen, even with my typically fun-size innings lengths. Can't count my runs, either...

Had some fun today with the bowling machine set on 54mph, firing it down the legside off 14 yards, and challenging our U11 keeper to stand up to it: all about good sidesteps and lateral movement, as well as presenting that catching area. Thoroughly enjoying working with the keepers at the minute; hoping they have a massive impact on the matches in the summer.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Played with a guy who would count his runs and everyone elses once.

I have played with two guys who have counted their runs in 30 years - they were both opening bats.

Prensel

U19 Cricketer
Played with a guy who would count his runs and everyone elses once.

I have played with two guys who have counted their runs in 30 years - they were both opening bats.
I count my runs, I knew when I was on 99 before getting my 100, was really hoping to avoid the number too.